Tomtom go essential will not sync routes

Schojac1
Schojac1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Read lots of posts from some years ago but nothing has worked. iPad running my drive and android running MyDrive WILL sync but not to satnav. Appreciate any guidance re. solution.

Answers

• frankgood
    frankgood Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Have exactly the same problem with both of my my 6100s. Have searched lots of forums but I don't think there is an answer to this. I believe it's a software problem for some older satnavs. For me, this happened after a change of email address and a reset a year ago. They connect to MyDrive OK but there is not full and proper syncing. They also regularly reboot when connected. It seems that TomTom aren't bothered as many have had similar problems for some time. I suspect that they only want to sell new satnavs to what must be a shrinking market. Newer ones with wi-fi don't appear to suffer from the same problem as my "pre-used" (2nd hand!) 6200 and android phone both sync OK.
  • Schojac1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Many thanks for reply, this has only just started and worked fine in the past. No email change and my satnav isn’t that old so no idea why. As posted, my ipad and android sync fine, it’s just that it doesn’t do the same on my go essential.
  • Schojac1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Okay sorted. Although iPad and android sync no problem the satnav would refuse to accept the data.

Ensure Bluetooth is active on satnav and android. (Doesn’t work well with iPad)
    Boot up satnav and set to map view.
    On android go to my routes and unselect sync slider.
    On android select sync slider and message “sync with MyDrive” appears.
    20 secs or so later the route appears in the list.

Sure I have done this in the past but all well now.