Screen problems Tom Tom 130 wont respond or wrong digit types

hatetechnology
hatetechnology Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Just as above really ,press one letter and another one (or more) next to it are typed instead. have updated it, reset it,cleaned screen and round edges thoroughly and battery fully charged. Cant even put it on voice control as cant get to that part of menu with some parts of screen not responding to get there iyswim,
Also keeps saying over and over on mydrive connect screen that l have one update even though I've updated it over and over its the GPSQuickfix. Its saying successfully updated but then when l reconnect my device it says 1 still available to update and it's same one again

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,390
    Revered Voyager
    press a letter and another (or more) next to it is typed in instead.
    Run a business card or credit card between the screen and the edge of the GPS to remove dust.
    I have an update even though I updated it and on its GPSQuickfix. Its saying updated successfully but when i reconnect my device it says 1 still available for update and its the same again
    It's a bug Tomtom updates once then updates again in 7 days.
  • hatetechnology
    hatetechnology Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Willy875 wrote: »
    press a letter and another (or more) next to it is typed in instead.
    Run a business card or credit card between the screen and the edge of the GPS to remove dust.
    I have an update even though I updated it and on its GPSQuickfix. Its saying updated successfully but when i reconnect my device it says 1 still available for update and its the same again
    It's a bug Tomtom updates once then updates again in 7 days.

Thank you so much for both answers, l managed, just by sheer bloodymindedness and a few hours fighting keyboard to get my main destinations onto favourites(even though l go to these regularly l like to have satnav on for lanes/traffic etc) and have managed get rid of some annoying questions that l've set inadvertently such as 'arrive at particular time ?'
    The credit card thing really improved things too so will do it again maybe to restore it to complete good behaviour.
    The bug then, do l just ignore it ? Cant see the GPSQuickfix on my contents even though have downloaded it several times?
    Thank you once again for your help,very kind of you.