Switching My Places from GO6000 to Kia Niro Car

dig345
dig345 Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
I am having a Kia Niro delivered early April. I am informed the SatNav is covered by TomTom. I have a GO 6000 with numerous My Places logged all over Europe.
Will I be able to port them over to the new SatNav and if so How?

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

The Kia Niro car cannot connect to Mydrive so it will be impossible to recover your favorites.
  • dig345
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for that, I won't shoot the messenger but I'm not looking forward to the transferring!

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

The Kia Niro car cannot connect to Mydrive so it will be impossible to recover your favorites.
  • dig345
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for that, I won't shoot the messenger but I'm not looking forward to the transferring!
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    @dig345

I had a similar issue some years back when we changed my wife's car which was based on 'Here' maps............ ;)

I used a combination of methods, including exporting all the Tomtom Favourites from MyDrive and once I had them in an Excel Spreadsheet csv format, copied the required favourites and made new 'contacts' syncing them back to her iphone. Her car Sat Nav allowed us to navigate to a phone contact destination (synced by Bluetooth) which we then saved as a Favourite on the car system!!!

A long-winded process, lots of copying and pasting and manual editing on the car system, as I had to refine the Favourite name to a Contact type length & format including changing the name to an abbreviated length/ inserting post codes etc . One major irritation was that car would only navigate to a "post code" extracted from the contact details which meant I later had to re-input, the latitude / longitude for rural locations manually on the car system, which in our case was the majority. :(

Your new Kia Niro may have more easier / more sophisticated methods of importing data, given the passage of time. B)

Good luck and enjoy your new car.......