Discussions Notifications - how do I turn them off?

jonnyu1
jonnyu1 Registered Users Posts: 10
Master Traveler
edited March 8 in Forum feedback
I have absolutely no use for 'anniversary' or 'promotion' notifications in the Discussion Forum. How can I turn them off?

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    edited March 8
    Hi @jonnyu1

There is a setting in your profile > Edit profile > Notification preference and select or deselect the ones depending on your choice.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/profile/preferences/jonnyu1

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • jonnyu1
    Master Traveler
    No, this doesn't answer the question, and the 'Check it out' link in the return email is truncated at /prefe... so it goes to 'Page not found', which is a waste of time, and needs to be fixed. Does TomTom actually look at this stuff? I don't just want to turn off Notifications, I want to try Discussions without all this Promotions etc. nonsence, which I find a complete waste of time. How do I turn that off
  • jonnyu1
    Master Traveler
    Also, when I got an email notifying me that I had been 'Promoted' it had a reply button which went to '[email protected]' which came back with:

'...The group forumsupport only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list....'

so that isn't any use to me!
  • VikramK
    jonnyu1 wrote: »
    No, this doesn't answer the question, and the 'Check it out' link in the return email is truncated at /prefe... so it goes to 'Page not found', which is a waste of time, and needs to be fixed. Does TomTom actually look at this stuff? I don't just want to turn off Notifications, I want to try Discussions without all this Promotions etc. nonsence, which I find a complete waste of time. How do I turn that off

Some notifications are specifically aimed for your specific account. They cannot be viewed if your are not logged in to our forum already.
    Can you log in to the community first and then click on the 'Check it out' link please?

As I mentioned earlier, if you go here - https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/profile/preferences/jonnyu1
    There is a setting under your profile to select/deselect checkboxes and decide on which notifications you wish to get-
    63i1m6ltu7ef.png

Also, when I got an email notifying me that I had been 'Promoted' it had a reply button which went to '[email protected]' which came back with:

'...The group forumsupport only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list....'

so that isn't any use to me!

You cannot respond back to forum notification from your email account/outlook directly, the replies are blocked. The email address- '[email protected]' is only for sending out notifications to our customers.

If you wish to check the notification, then you need to click on 'Check it out' button.

Thank you,
    Vikram.

• jonnyu1
    Master Traveler
    You still haven't answered a key question, which is:

I don't just want to turn off Notifications, I want to try Discussions without all this Promotions etc. nonsence, which I find a complete waste of time. How do I turn that off?

I do not want useless 'Promotion' - I never asked for it - it is an utter waste of time! How do I turn that off? How do I turn that off? How do I turn that off?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,455
    Revered Voyager
    @jonnyu1

To stop receiving promotions on your Tomtom account, uncheck the Newsletter.

v1n2hgtb9ssw.jpg

• jonnyu1
    Master Traveler
    I don't want to stop that type of 'Promotion' - what I want to stop is the silly Status type 'Promotion' - e.g. 'Apprentice Traveller' and upwards, which I find annoying and an utter waste of time - and my time.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,455
    Revered Voyager
    Ah ok I don't think it can be disabled the moderator will answer you tomorrow.
  • jonnyu1
    Master Traveler
    So far they have failed to understand the point.
  • VikramK
    I don't want to stop that type of 'Promotion' - what I want to stop is the silly Status type 'Promotion' - e.g. 'Apprentice Traveller' and upwards, which I find annoying and an utter waste of time - and my time.

'Ranks' and 'Badges' are a part of our community structure, such that we can't disable them for your account only.

Thanks!
  • jonnyu1
    Master Traveler
    Oh, that's what you call it - 'Ranks and Badges'.

I suggest you take this back to management, developers (or system suppliers, if external) and think again,

All 'Ranks and Badges' do is create noise and annoy me - if 'Discussions' is a serious means of TomTom support, it just gets in the way.

Thnk again - please! - and at least make 'Ranks and Badges' optional.