Strat up

Mblais99
Mblais99 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Juste received my GPS but can’t do anything with it. It says I need to buy maps to get started, but I need te entre the menu on the GPS to do so. Anyone knows what to do?

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    You must have at least one card installed.
    To add a new card, select the menu then card then add a card.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @Mblais99

Have you downloaded the Tomtom MyDrive Connect Software to your PC and connected the Go Supreme to the PC using the supplied USB cable.

Also when connecting the TT device to the PC the unit must not be in the supplied mount but the cable plugged in the socket on the back of the unit.

Doug
  • Mblais99
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for your response.
    Yes to both, but still can’t access the menu on the TT. MYDrive sees the TT connected, but it brings me to the steps : go to the menu on the TT. Where I have no mean to no manipulation on the TT. The same message pop up saying : before you can use the TT you need to buy maps.
    Any suggestions?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Hi @Mblais99

You mean you don't have access to the GPS menu?

If it can help. http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/html/en-gb/index.htm#WelcometonavigationwithTomTom-GPandDubai.htm

Come back later, moderator @VikramK will review your account and give you a map.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @Mblais99

Are you saying with the Go Supreme fully charged and turned On that if you Tap Menu, ie the Icon Bottom left then you will see 4 icons and if you brush the screen Right to Left you will see more Icons including the Settings Icon.

As you are in Canada I expect that your unit has North America etc as the preloaded Map and if you go to Settings then scroll to Maps if you Tap Add a Map you should see a list of all the TT maps available at no extra cost. If you do not find the worlds maps then report here and we can ask one of the Mods to sort out your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug

• Mblais99
    Apprentice Seeker
    That’s the thing, I can’t accès the menu. I don’t even see the menu. The only thing I see is a message saying than before using the unit I need to buy maps. It won’t let me do anything. No option, icons what so ever.
    It dosn’t seems to have any maps in it at all.

And, yes, it’s full charged, turn on.

If you want I’ll post à picture tomorrow of the message.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,725
    Hi @Mblais99
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK , please ?

Thanks, Vikram