App is exiting

Kuba7702
Kuba7702 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi everyone. My phone is Xiaomi Redmi 8A. It has 32 GB memory, and app tomtom on it works normally ok. But when i receive message that space is running out in my phone, I bought sd card with 128 gb. I mount it in phone as internal memmory extend. After reinstalling tomtom its starts i see intro and screen that tomtom is downloading its data and will start shows. after few seconds app is closing. Ive noticed that when i install sd card as external memmory app is working but i cant move app to sd card.
Anyone knows why it not working with sd as internal memmory
Kuba

Comments

• szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Hi @Kuba7702, welcome to the forum.
    Most probably you are facing issue related to adoptable storage that we are investigating in scope of GONAV-4296 (which is our internal ticket for tracking).
  • Kuba7702
    Kuba7702 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    So there is no option to make it working on external card. My phone is out of memmory.
    Kuba
  • szachowa
    Application should work OK if the SD card is configured as an external memory and not extension to internal phone memory.
    Our app will download maps to external SD card if the SD card has more free storage than internal memory of the phone.

Redmi 8A has 32 GB of internal storage, it should be enough to keep application files in internal memory, and map files in external storage.
  • szachowa
    Thanks @Kuba7702 ,

I will share your response with our support team, since your workaround might be also usable for others.