Tomtom is rebooting

sabbath_can78
sabbath_can78 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi everyone,
I have a 2012 Renault Scenic with Carminat Tomtom and the device doesn't work. It starts, shows the location of the car (wrong location) and restarts again.
- Formatted sd-card and loaded the latest map. It didn't work.
- Loaded Navcore 9.884 to the sd-card and installed to the device. It didn't work.
- Changed the sd-card. It didn't work.
- Deleted the Loopdir folder. It didn't work.
- I also tried to reset the device but couldn't reach the menu which contains reset function, because it restarts in 1-2 seconds after turns on. Then I tried to reset the device by removing card, turning off the engine and opening the driver's side door after the device says "No map found" and then turn the ignition on. But it didn't work either.
- I tried to contact Tomtom but their Contact page redirects me to the discussion forum.

I will be appreciate if you have any idea or suggestion for the situation.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    edited March 5
    - I tried to contact Tomtom but their Contact page redirects me to the discussion forum.

Hi

Delete your cookies on your browser or change browser.

Did you reinstall Navcore 9.884 from Tomtom Home?

In my opinion, if the formatting and reinstallation did not work, it is a hardware problem with the device and you must therefore go to Renault.
  • sabbath_can78
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Willy875,

Thank you for the reply. This issue happened a few months ago too, and I tried deleting loopdir and some other files from sd-card, that worked for a time, but started again. I downloaded the Navcore 9.884 and installed it today, then inserted the sd-card. The rebooting issues still exists and one other issue started; the device doesn't show the roads. It shows correct location, without the roads. It shows the car on a green space. And also the clock doesn't show the time.

Do you know if there is a socket or port for Carminat which I can connect my laptop?

Thank you...
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    Only the Renault suitcase can analyze your car and see if there is a fault.

or hardware problem?
  • sabbath_can78
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Willy875,

It seems to contact them will be the only solution.