How can I to announce a speed camera in CarPlay?

csontimontir
csontimontir BudapestRegistered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
Hi All!
I use Tomtom navigation app with carplay, and I love it, but I have a question: How can I to announce a mobile speed camera in CarPlay?
I can't find an opportunity for it, though it would be useful enough. Getting on the phone while driving is quite tricky.
Thanks!

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,361
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

In my opinion there is no button on the Carplay screen to report a speed camera.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @csontimontir

Sorry but there is no option to do that in CarPlay. Maybe @lampard can forward that to the development team for future inclusion

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @csontimontir

Firstly select a Computerised Voice not a Recorded Voice.

Ie Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap voices
    Select a Computerised voice like Serena for English U.K.
    Select all the options offered ie Read Aloud Etc

Now Select Settings/Sounds and Warnings
    Select Read aloud Warnings in Warning type
    Then select which type of Cameras you want to be warned about in Speed Cameras

The same applies under Safety Warnings

With these settings you will get a sound warning then an indication of the type of cameras you are approaching.

Doug
  • csontimontir
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your reply Doug, but my problem is not about the warnings what I get, but I have no option to give a warning about the mobile speed cameras to other users in carplay.
    If I use the app in my phone, there is an option to announce cameras, but in carplay mode is not.
    Regards: Steve
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,361
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

In my opinion there is no button on the Carplay screen to report a speed camera.
  • csontimontir
    Apprentice Seeker
    Well, that's my problem. :-)
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @csontimontir

Sorry but there is no option to do that in CarPlay. Maybe @lampard can forward that to the development team for future inclusion

Doug
  • csontimontir
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sinny wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Doug, but my problem is not about the warnings what I get, but I have no option to give a warning about the mobile speed cameras to other users in carplay.
    If I use the app in my phone, there is an option to announce cameras, but in carplay mode is not.
    Regards: Steve

Although there is no report button on carplay, It is still possible to report cameras via voice command/Siri (you have to add the shortcut first though)
    - Settings > Siri Shortcuts > Add

Thanks Sinny, it's seems to be a good solution for my problem. I will try it.
  • Richard6666666
    Richard6666666 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Let build a button >:)