GO 5100 (can it still be updated for free?)

B123x
B123x Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
I am thinking of buying a second-hand GO 5100. It has a Europe map on it v951, which I think is from 2015.
My question is, is it still possible to update the map to the latest version for free or does the lifetime update expire after a certain period of inactivity?
Hoping someone can help.

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,404
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Go 5100 has lifetime device updates

the previous owner will need to remove the device from their account and you should create a new account with your email address.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,814
    Superuser
    edited March 4 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @B123x
    Yes, the GO 5100 is still supported by Tomtom and has lifetime Maps....
    Be aware the SIM card may have been automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic has not been used on the device for 18 months....
    Note... I think the 18Months may have been recently been reduced to 12 Months ???
    Tomtom sends Emails the affected users and give 28 days' notice before deactivating the SIM card

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,404
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Go 5100 has lifetime device updates

the previous owner will need to remove the device from their account and you should create a new account with your email address.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,814
    Superuser
    edited March 4 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @B123x
    Yes, the GO 5100 is still supported by Tomtom and has lifetime Maps....
    Be aware the SIM card may have been automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic has not been used on the device for 18 months....
    Note... I think the 18Months may have been recently been reduced to 12 Months ???
    Tomtom sends Emails the affected users and give 28 days' notice before deactivating the SIM card

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • B123x
    B123x Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited March 4
    Many thanks indeed for the helpful information.