How do I connect MyDrive Connect with Go Navigation App for iPhone?

papachanbob
papachanbob Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
When I launch MyDrive Connect on my Windows 10 PC it wants me to add my first device to use with MyDrive Connect. When I click on Add a Device it takes me to a screen to connect a physical TomTom device but I do not have one. I simply use the TomTom Go Navigation app on my phone. It doesn't seem to give any options to do this. How do I resolve this?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,761
    Elite Voyager
    MyDrive Connect is not compatible with the Go Navigation app for iPhone.

This is the Mydrive https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tomtom-go-navigation/id884963367 application that you must download to your Iphone.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @papachanbob

I wonder if you are confusing the My Drive Connect Software which is used on a PC to update TT devices and the My Drive website where you can create Routes or find destinations and send them to your TT device. The latter works with TT Go Navigation App in that you can create a route on the My Drive Website and if you ave it there in My Routes then you can sync the route to the App to use whenever you want to use. it.

Doug
  • Petrik-73
    Petrik-73 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hi, so MyDrive dos not connect with the go app on a IPhone ?

Petrik
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,761
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

@Petrik-73

Mydrive https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/tomtom-mydrive/id984450411 is compatible with your iphone, however Mydrive connect is not compatible with your iphone.
  • Herko_ter_Horst
    Herko_ter_Horst Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    edited September 15
    The main thing is that there are several TomTom products/services with "MyDrive" in their name:
    • MyDrive (a website) which can be used for creating/finding routes and places. These routes and places can be synced to TomTom devices as well as the TomTom Go app: https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    • MyDrive-app (an app for mobile devices) which provides similar functionality to the website in addition to traffic checking on your personal common routes (e.g. from home to work and vice-versa)
    • MyDrive Connect (an application for PC's/Macs) which can be used to sync and update maps and software on (non-wifi) TomTom devices, but doesn't have anything to do with the other MyDrive things. If you don't use a dedicated navigation device from TomTom, you don't need this application at all. If you just use the TomTom Go app, you don't need this application, it serves no purpose and you're not missing anything by not using it.

On your TomTom device or in the TomTom Go app, you'll have to option to synchronise routes and places with/from MyDrive. For this, you'll need to provide the same login details as the ones you used for the MyDrive website or app AND (in the case of TomTom Go) enable MyDrive in the settings. If you've correctly set this up, you'll see a cloud symbol appear in the settings menu. When this cloud symbol turns white (instead of grey), the synchronisation is complete.