Hi - I have a TomTom Start (Europe 42 Countries) - 1st 2 letters of serial no are XD.

PaulMcP73
PaulMcP73 Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
Hi - I have a TomTom Start (Europe 42 Countries) - 1st 2 letters of serial no are XD. Can the moderator release the last compatible update files, including maps, for this device please? I have installed TomTom Home on my laptop.

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    As this is a device that is no longer updated, Tomtom is no longer developing a map for this GPS.
    if Tomtom still has a map archive in my opinion it will be a very old version of the map.
    contact Tomtom customer service to see what they can do.

Answers

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

The Start whose serial number begins with XD is no longer tracked by Tomtom so you can no longer update it.
  • PaulMcP73
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the swift reply. I'm not sure what you mean by 'tracked'. I was hoping for the last compatible update (even if it was a few years ago) to be temporarily released from archive so I can perform a quick update. Many of the roads in my area have been changed over the last number of years in Northern Ireland and also in the Republic of Ireland and mainland Europe.
  • PaulMcP73
    Apprentice Seeker
    Just to advise that I have just returned from a short journey and the device is picking up the satellite ok and seems to be tracking fine. There are some new roads and housing estates in the area but the device doesn't recognise them. So the last compatible update would be greatly appreciated.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Your device is no longer supported by Tomtom
    Tomtom no longer sells map updates for this model of GPS.
  • PaulMcP73
    Apprentice Seeker
    I understand that the device is obsolete. I am only asking if there is a saved archive file on the server that could be shared. I realise that probably very few people, if any apart from me, require it. If all of previous releases have been completely deleted then that is fine, but I'm hoping that the last one is still there somewhere & that it can be shared, that's all.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    As this is a device that is no longer updated, Tomtom is no longer developing a map for this GPS.
    if Tomtom still has a map archive in my opinion it will be a very old version of the map.
    contact Tomtom customer service to see what they can do.
  • PaulMcP73
    Apprentice Seeker
    Will do. Many thanks for your help & advice.