When device is connected to mount it does not activate and will eventually lose power but tried it

Andyspg
Andyspg Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited March 3 in RIDER
When device is connected to mount it does not activate and will eventually lose power but tried it

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,306
    Revered Voyager
    Rider 550 check electrical connection.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited March 1
    Hi
    @Andyspg
    Welcome to the site....
    Is the Rider 550 Mount connected to a12volt power supply....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Andyspg
    Apprentice Seeker
    It is and reads about 5.3 volts
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    5.3v support output is ok Check that the pins of the support is of the GPS make good contact.
  • Andyspg
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have to switch the unit on, and when it is on in the menu mode the battery symbol does flash indicating that it’s charging but it does lose power after a while, however as I’ve said previously when connected to a friends mount it activates by itself as soo as he turns his ignition on which doesn’t happen on mine so it’s quite puzzling
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    In my opinion, if your GPS works correctly on your friend's support, your support has a problem.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited March 2
    Hi
    @Andyspg
    Where on your motorcycle electrics have you connected the TT Rider Mount power cable....
    Is it switched through the Ignition ???

A User on the Rider Forum... Used a ground/earthing point on the front forks of the motorcycle and the resistance/poor connection through the headstock bearing was causing the low charging rate....
    When the user ran the ground/earth wire directly back to the battery, it fixed the problem....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Andyspg
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your advice, I did not fit the satnav it came as part of the bike when I bought it. I think this is something that I will have to look at