Out of date maps

ltmurph43
ltmurph43 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
My device says I have the latest map but I keep entering destinations that are not on the maps. Many streets do not exist. Streets that have had the same speed limit are now wrong but correct before two updates ago. I have had several TT devices over the years but will start looking for something better. Also maybe some parts of the world use a different system but here in the USA we use number, street or road, followed by the city. Entering them in reverse order is not useful.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    The latest map version is 10.85 do you have this version installed?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Kindly report the feedback to https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare or send us some examples of the missing streets, the name, coordinates and so on...

Thanks
  • Ann76
    Ann76 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I live in the UK, Yorkshire.
    I wanted to navigate from the M621 to the docks area of Leeds, my Tomtom kept showing me routes that were not feasible, on roads that no longer existed, not showing roads that did exist, and wanting me to turn left off a straight flyover-pitching my car off a 6 metre drop!
    So I paid for an update, my map had last been updated 54 months ago. So new map installed, I thought my problems were solved. I once again tried to navigate to my yoga class near The Armouries. This map had all the same errors, and maybe even more, as I ended up going further this time when lost, trying to get on target using the Tomtom, and eventually once again, giving up and desperately looking for the brown tourist signs for The Armouries.
    Please don’t ask me to submit errors, as this frankly would take days if not weeks. Surely you don’t just rely on your users to prompt changes? Tomtom must do complete redraws of such rapidly expanding and changing areas. Leeds as a whole, and the docks area in particular have undergone a massive amount of change in the past 10 years. If Google maps can get it right, why can’t you?

In conclusion, I bought this update specifically for navigating through Leeds. Because the maps are still substantially out of date in this area, it is of no use to me…it is not fit for purpose. HOW DO I GET A REFUND?

Kind regards.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi,

It would be best if you would like to screenshot the route and where are the mistakes comparing to google maps.

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca/#mode=viewport+viewport=54.4641,-3.23499,4.67,0,-0+ver=3

Plot routes on above with Google Maps comparison, inking the roads that are not there and so on...
  • Ann76
    Apprentice Seeker
    Screenshot which route? I went to 4 classes of Yoga, on each the journey was different. All started off on the M621, exit 4 was indicated on Tomtom, but this has two parts to it, and the Satnav told me to take the A61 using the first part…it’s the second part that has the A61! So from the very start of going into Leeds there was an error. I tried different “options” to any errors I had encountered on subsequent journeys, so on each journey I ended up going on different roads in different parts of Leeds, where I then encountered further map errors. The Tomtom was incapable of getting me to my destination because there were so many errors, in all the parts of Leeds it blindly led me to. Hence my final resort on each and every journey of as soon as I spotted one, following the brown tourist signs for The Armouries.
    I cannot remember the routes I took. How would I screenshot them? Does the Tomtom do screenshots? I really don’t understand what you’re asking.
    Also I paid for a one off map update, how does submitting all this information, get me an accurate map? The map I have paid for is useless to me. Maybe you could tell me how I get a refund for this product that is not fit for purpose?

Kind regards.

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

@Ann76

A downloaded map cannot be refunded otherwise it would be too easy to get a map for free.
  • Ann76
    Apprentice Seeker
    The map is useless to me, even for free why would I want a useless map?