What happened to the maps of IBERIA ??????

lloiscc
lloiscc Registered Users Posts: 17
Outstanding Explorer
edited February 28 in Map quality
Hello, the last map update of IBERIA many secondary roads in our country have disappeared, how is it possible????
Can we reinstall the previous version ??????
Thanks

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @lloiscc
    Could you confirm if you have map v10.85 installed?
    If you have an active subscription for map updates, then by default, you will always be offered the latest map.

Regards, Vikram
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited February 28
    Thanks VikramK, the maps version is V1085.11370, many roads are missing.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited March 7
    Hi @lloiscc

It seems you are referring to the "Iberian peninsula" which is split between Spain and Portugal according to Bing.

If you can, please check Bing, TomTom MyDrive, Apple Maps/Google maps if they have similar issues?

Bing Maps - https://www.bing.com/maps

Google Maps - https://www.google.com/maps

Apple Maps - iOS only

MyDrive TomTom - https://mydrive.tomtom.com

It would be great as well if you can use the above links and screenshot some areas that have been affected that dont' have secondary roads.

**If you are on computer Windows, use the snipping tool then press Ctrl-V when on the comment box. Or you may save screenshot the image and use this icon to upload"
    icwpqqjhy9v1.png

Also, if your city has a GIS or maps for public view that has roads will be great too :)

Thank you :)

PS: If you would like you can use the MapShare on TomTom website as well https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 7
    An example, the BV 1038 road only appears on Google Maps, it does not exist on Bing Maps. In the previous version of Maps there was this road.
    I send you a photo.
    Thanks for your help.
    All the best.

tylgdilpqbz9.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited March 7
    9mtj6vpcgw4p.jpeg
    m9oe9e7yrmn9.jpeg
    zj8iqb5iqt5j.png

Hi @lloiscc

Hope you are having a wonderful day, thank you for the screenshot, it seems all the roads are there in TomTom plus Bing Maps, it seems the TomTom is using map data from OpenStreetMap which is labelling roads as unmaintained roads. As well they forgot to edit the road route/name as "BV 1038", as it was blank. Anyways I will do my best to report this :)

Kindly report it as well with screenshots you provided in the following link of TomTom Map Share : )

https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare

Translation - Bing

Hola @lloiscc

Espero que esté teniendo un día maravilloso, gracias por la captura de pantalla, parece que todas las carreteras están allí en TomTom más Bing Maps, parece que TomTom está utilizando datos de mapas de OpenStreetMap que está etiquetando las carreteras como carreteras sin mantenimiento. Además, no lo marcaron como "BV 1038", de todos modos haré todo lo posible para informar esto :)

Por favor, infórmelo también con capturas de pantalla que proporcionó en el siguiente enlace de TomTom Map Share: )

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    I have successfully submitted the reports, it would be great if you can tell me the other issues you notice in the map while we wait for this to be reviewed and put on the map fixed :)

Also, does the Barcelona government have a GIS or map data of this highway that are properly marked so they can use to update these maps, like open-source data?

thanks,

Translation Bing

He enviado con éxito los informes, sería genial si puede decirme los otros problemas que nota en el mapa mientras esperamos que esto se revise y se ponga en el mapa arreglado :)

Además, ¿tiene el gobierno de Barcelona un SIG o datos de mapas de esta autopista que estén debidamente marcados para que puedan usar para actualizar estos mapas, como datos de código abierto?

gracias
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 7
    Thanks for your answer, what I can tell you is that the version prior to V1085 had many more roads than in the current version, always dealing with secondary roads and little frequented. I also don't know if Barcelona has GIS maps,
    Another example of road failure is between Lloberola and Sant Climenç in the Solsona region next to the C149, in version V1085 there is no such road, however in the previous version it did exist.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    All the best.

auvhgnf9o9uy.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited March 7
    lloiscc wrote: »
    Thanks for your answer, what I can tell you is that the version prior to V1085 had many more roads than in the current version, always dealing with secondary roads and little frequented. I also don't know if Barcelona has GIS maps,
    Another example of road failure is between Lloberola and Sant Climenç in the Solsona region next to the C149, in version V1085 there is no such road, however in the previous version it did exist.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    All the best.

auvhgnf9o9uy.jpg

I see, I am not sure why they disappeared, could you provide me coordinates of the road issue and name please and if possible, send me a image link as the screenshot is blurry.

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca

Can you please use the above link and tell me if the roads are there?

@lampard @VikramK could you look into the disappearing road issues?

Thanks
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 8
    41°57'01.0"N 1°25'03.8"E Sant Climenç
    41°53'18.0"N 1°21'52.9"E Lloberola

Between these two points there is no road in tom tom

This road does not exist at this link.
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_ca
    All the best.
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    7hkqd8ry9s19.png
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    HI @lloiscc

It would be great if you can give me the missing road name and the coordinates from Google maps. Also a screenshot with markup or ink over the road :)

Also, if you have a Windows 10/11 computer, kindly go to the road and check if roads is there, also use the inking tool to highlight.

Shawn

PS: I see that the maps hs a lot of roads around the area you showed in screenshot,

4a2jvclzlvoj.png
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited March 7
    Hi :)

It seems that the TomTom Maps is displaying the right roads, kindly update me for more clarification.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi,

Reports for the route number not showing has been accepted, kindly note it may take more than a week or less to update to your device or app.

Shawn
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 8
    Thank you very much friend. but the important thing would be to return to the version prior to V1085.

All the best.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Muchas gracias amigo. pero lo importante seria volver a la versión anterior a la V1085.

Un saludo.

Let's wait for the forum moderators to get back to you about this issue :)

@VikramK & @lampard

Merci,

Shawn
  • RicardoPV
    RicardoPV Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited March 21
    I have the same problem, the IBERIA version v1085.11320 has been installed, and many secondary paths have disappeared. I put the same area on TOMTOM and TOMTOM mapshare.

sfvn7vllgnpm.jpg4q0nqxtpbos1.png

• lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 22
    Hello, another road that does not appear on the maps is the BV-3003, which originates in Callus (Barcelona) and ends in connection with the BV-3008.
    I put a photo.
    x0ol6p36ukvm.png

• lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 22
    I'm considering leaving Tom Tom and buying another type of GPS like a rugged phone.
    :s
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited March 22
    How is it that many roads do not come out of those that came out in the version prior to V1085.11370, the EUROPE version is the same as the IBERIA version, previously this did not happen.
    Can someone explain it???
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    HI @llosic
    Hello, another road that does not appear on the maps is the BV-3003, which originates in Callus (Barcelona) and ends in connection with the BV-3008.
    I put a photo.
    x0ol6p36ukvm.png

HI :)

The map shows Bv -3003 and 3008, kindly provide coordinates of the wrong location, thank you :)

Shawn
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    Entre estos dos puntos que le expongo, Tom Tom no tiene carretera y en los mapas anteriores "sí" existía.
    41.798310 - 1.629423
    41.765838 - 1.629707
    Son coordenadas de Google Maps
    Un saludo.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi :)

Great if you can sumbit the issue with mapshare, thank you :)

• [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    HI :)

Could you please go to the TomTom MyDrive and highlight or ink the image of where the missing road is as well with Google Maps?

Also the road name :)

Thanks
  • lloiscc
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited April 4
    Another road that does not appear in Tom Tom, I draw it in BLACK so that it can be seen, it is between the A 226 road and the TE-V-8301, it is a road that has always existed and now with the map update it has disappeared . It is the province of Teruel between the towns of Embalse de Santolea and Jaganta.
    Please update the maps or we will be forced to resort to other GPS methods !!!!!!!!!!!!
    luh7hrrwye48.jpg