SPINNING COG continuously displayed on TomTom Via 260/360 (Via 1535).

lilkimmi
lilkimmi Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
My TomTom Via 260/360 (Via 1535) continuously displays a spinning cog on a white background when switched on, it appears 'locked' to this condition, I cannot progress off this screen. How do I reset it please (there is no reset 'hole'), or progress off this screen. When I hold the power switch down for 10 seconds or so, it gives the TomTom drum, then goes direct to the continuous spinning cog screen. The TomTom is fully charged. ........ (If I login to 'MyDrive Connect' on my Windows10 computer the TomTom will show as being connected to it (while still showing the cog screen on the TomTom), 'MyDrive Connect' will then show there is an update for NavCore to download, but when I select to download the update direct to the TomTom, the connection drops out. The TomTom continues to show a spinning cog. I am using the original usb lead to connect to computer)

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 284
    Supreme Pioneer
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited February 25
    Hi
    @lilkimmi
    Welcome to the site....
    It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    When in Recovery Mode... The device MUST be capable showing as CONNECTED using MyDrive Connect + Connected over a USB Cable to your PC for the Recovery process to complete....
    Get MyDrive Connect Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014482660-Get-Started-TomTom-Navigation-using-MyDrive-Connect

Tomtom FAQ....
    Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    I think the device is somewhere between bullet-point (5) & (6) i.e... the 'Spinning Cogs'
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959579-Navigation-device-not-starting-or-displaying-a-cross

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

If MyDrive Connect is already installed ??? but not working correctly ???
    See... Connection problems MyDrive Connect...(Delete the Home3 & MyDrive Connect Folders) + Do's & Don'ts when installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

You may need to contact TomTom Support....
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • lilkimmi
    lilkimmi Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have tried ALL the steps in both suggestions by Furgussion and YamFazMan .... thank you for the information. However nothing worked. I still have the issue of the continuously spinning cog on my TomTom and not being able to connect. An issue may be that I am not the original owner of this TomTom and it is not yet registered on MyDrive Connect account (I have no means of contacting the previous owner), but it appears that I should be able to register it if the TomTom was not stuck in Recovery mode [ie. MyDrive Connect displays ‘Do you want to connect this device’ VIA 1535 ‘Your connected device is registered to another account. Do you want to register it with your account (xxxxx.com) instead? Please note that you won’t be able to manage your device with the previous account , once you have registered it to this account’]. When I select 'Add' it just times out repeatably, all the time while the cog is still spinning on the TomTom continuously.