Go510 World Maps dead

Bozhead
Bozhead Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
I have just started to download and install the latest European map after a successful installation of Australia and New Zealand, but my device will no longer load. I get the red icon with Computer and device, the device has a red triangle in it. I have tried to carry out a hard reset but it gets halfway and then closes with the red icon this has only happened during the installation of the new maps released. Tom Tom have destroyed my perfectly working device. Can anyone offer advice on how to recover it?
Thanks

Best Answer

• Bozhead
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Bozhead
    Welcome to the community! Have you tried a recovery mode?

Regards,
    Vikram.

Hi Vikram
    Thanks for your information on this, Yes I did carry out restoring, it kept going in circles for ages, I even left if connected with my laptop while I went out, on my return it was still not restoring even though it stated 100% complete each time. I eventually thought what if I removed the SD card, so I did, as soon as I had done that, the device restored and booted up and is now OK. Strange as the SD card is not corrupt and was not formatted again. At least I know for next time and hopefully if any other Go510 owner suffers with this they will also know what to try and do.
    Thanks again for your support.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @Bozhead

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Bozhead
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Bozhead

Regards,
    Vikram.

Hi Vikram
    Thanks for your information on this, Yes I did carry out restoring, it kept going in circles for ages, I even left if connected with my laptop while I went out, on my return it was still not restoring even though it stated 100% complete each time. I eventually thought what if I removed the SD card, so I did, as soon as I had done that, the device restored and booted up and is now OK. Strange as the SD card is not corrupt and was not formatted again. At least I know for next time and hopefully if any other Go510 owner suffers with this they will also know what to try and do.
    Thanks again for your support.