I can't add device (satnatv) onto mydrive connect

sophieok
sophieok Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a TomTom satnav and I am trying to update the maps on it but on mydrive connect I can't add a device. It doesn't recognise my satnatv when I plug the USB into my laptop. I have checked my devices on device manager and it is not on there. What shall I do now to add the device to my connect so I can update my maps on the satnav?

Best Answer

• sophieok
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi @VikramK the fault was with my computer. I plugged it into my mum's computer and it recognized the TomTom Satnav device straight away so I could update it. Thankyou for getting back to me though. I will be updating my windows software very soon.

Best,
    Sophie

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @sophieok
    Welcome to the community! Which TomTom model do you have?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @sophieok

It is possible if you have bought the TT unit recently that you have a unit that has been designed to not need a PC. For example if it is a Tomtom GO Discover this will only update maps etc if it is directly connected to your Wifi and will not update the maps if connected to a PC.

This is why @VikramK is asking which model TT unit you have.

Doug
  • sophieok
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi @VikramK the fault was with my computer. I plugged it into my mum's computer and it recognized the TomTom Satnav device straight away so I could update it. Thankyou for getting back to me though. I will be updating my windows software very soon.

Best,
    Sophie