TomTom update issues...

Reome
Reome Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Seeker
I have a TomTom 1535TM device. It's been working fine for years. I went to update it as I always do regularly, and the update offered was a Quick GPS fix update. When I attempted to update it, it downloaded it on both the computer and the device by way of the program's confirmation screens. Once it completed the update, the computer screen refreshed, and it shows the very same update still available. The device says that everything is ready to go after the download completed. But once I go back to MY CONTENT it still shows the update as available. I have lots of free space on both the device and the memory card. Is this a problem with my device or the My Connect program update page? First issue I have ever had with this. I just downloaded a new map a couple weeks ago and it did it correctly. This issue just started with this Quick GPS fix update. Is this common?

Best Answers

• CatNip
    CatNip Registered Users Posts: 487
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It's the same here with my Start 25 and the newest release of MyDrive:
    "One Update available - GPS Quick Fix"
    Update OK

One Update available - GPS quick Fix"
    Update OK

Repeat ad infinitum.

(Rather like that appalling Captcha on this 'New' (Well it is to me, TomTom site)
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Tomtom needs to fix the bug.

Answers

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    It's a Tomtom bug if you downloaded it once the file is valid for 7 days in 7 days you download the file again.
  • Reome
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for your reply. So how do I remedy this situation? Is there anything I need to do?
  • Reome
    Apprentice Seeker
    And will this same file keep showing on My Drive Connect? Has the file actually downloaded on my device? Thank you again...
  • CatNip
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It's the same here with my Start 25 and the newest release of MyDrive:
    "One Update available - GPS Quick Fix"
    Update OK

One Update available - GPS quick Fix"
    Update OK

Repeat ad infinitum.

(Rather like that appalling Captcha on this 'New' (Well it is to me, TomTom site)
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Reome wrote: »
    And will this same file keep showing on My Drive Connect? Has the file actually downloaded on my device? Thank you again...

Normally the update is done after if your GPS has problems capturing the satellites, redo the update.
  • Reome
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes this morning when I opened my drive connect it still shows the update available. I dont get it. WIll this ever cease?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Tomtom needs to fix the bug.
  • Reome
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Willy... that was what I needed to know. Have a good day...
  • CatNip
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    For the attention of Joris100_

"Wij hebben altijd via Ziggo onze Tom tom Go premium geüpdatet. Sinds kort hebben wij een andere provider, KPN via Budget energie. Als we nu ons navigatiesysteem willen updaten krijgen we bij beschikbare netwerken steeds de berichten , verbinding maken, verifiëren, opgeslagen en uiteindelijk Authenticatieprobleem. Wat staat ons te doen?
    Bij voorbaat dank."

"We have always updated our Tom tom Go premium via Ziggo. Recently we have another provider, KPN via Budget energie. If we now want to update our navigation system, we always get the messages, connect, verify, save and finally authentication problem with available networks. What do we have to do?
    Thanks in advance."

Dear Joris100,

Could you please post your question on the TomTom Go Premium board:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/search?query=tomtom go premium&scope=site

I only have a Start 25 which updates using MyDrive Connect.

CatNip
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Authentication problem I think you are not correctly filling in the wi-fi number of your box

Pay special attention to lowercase and uppercase letters when entering your number.
  • CatNip
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    To update this Update "bug".

The MyDrive Connect update "bug" has now disappeared, I can update my Start 25 with the QuickGPSfix update and TomTom MyDrive Connect reports it as having updated. However, I see no sign of QuickGPSfix now working on my Tom Tom.

Has the format of the QuickGPSfix update been changed so that it is now incompatible with older devices?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If your GPS is having trouble finding your location, Quick GPS fix will not update.

You can also check in > setting > GPS status the number of satellites found by your GPS the minimum is 5.