How to connect my Tom Tom go 5000 for update as My drive application says not connected

Ivan10
Ivan10 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi ,
I am having real trouble connecting my TomTom go5000 as simply it will not connect with My drive .I have updates to install but no luck connecting .Tried different USB cables tried different USB ports tried to delete and reinstalled My drive ,tried resetting the TomTom ,tried different computers all 3 of them and still nothing .Please if any one know how to do it .I red online that many owners of TomTom are experiencing same problem and can't solve it .The device works perfectly apart from updating it

Thanks in advance

Answers

• MyNameAllreadyExists
    MyNameAllreadyExists Registered Users Posts: 130
    Exalted Navigator
    Is MyDrive Connect Icon in the notification area of the taskbar and showing active>Taskbar settings>Select which icons appear on the taskbar>TomTom My Drive connect. If it is showing but no connection>Right click on it and choose Quit. Then go to MyDrive Connect>double click to open/right click open. It should open and the Icon on the Taskbar should appear with a green tick.
  • Ivan10
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank for your help but still nothing. I did at lest 6 times no result .The icon on the task bas still inactive on My drive application exclamation mark Not connected .Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    @Ivan10

Have you tried with another cable?
    have you tried deleting mydrive connect and reinstalling it?
  • Ivan10
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi ,
    Yes I have tried deleting mydrive and reinstalling still nothing
    I have tried different cables (all new )
    I am going to Halfords today to get new original cable made by TOMTOM and if this doesn't work I don't know what can work