Update map to 10.85 has brokem my TOMTOM GO 500

ES1JA
ES1JA Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
as device can't handle full map, I use Northern part of app, but updating has failed and as no valid map I even can't do anything.
I believe I was removing some content from device in 10.75 time after installing full map into Card. When updating to 10.82 somehow Card was failed, but was able to install Northern zone into device, now update to 10.85 has destroyed all. Updating map goes approx to 50% correctly ( seen that reads content from hard disk) after that update counts to 100% many times faster and finishing get error. Device shows no maps installed, and in My Drive Connect I see that Europe Northern zone map is corrupted. Only strange thing is that there it shows full map size (8034 MB, in installation map size was 3226 MB.
Questions:
Is there problem with 10.75 update for truncated maps?
How can I restore device to position when can have settings menu in device to activate new external card? Probably need to install/update some small basic map into device.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited February 19 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @ES1JA
    Welcome to the site...
    The early NAV4 devices the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    The GO 500 has the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators should pick this on Monday and add a new Smaller Map or Smaller Map set to the Account to get past the 'Catch22'
    Note... You may also receive a 'No Maps Found' error warning on the device....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ES1JA
    The different version of the map has been activated for your TomTom. This should be offered to you in smaller countries/regions.

Regards, Vikram.
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    No I added a small ov2.
    8axamf84zaei.png

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,440
    Revered Voyager
    If your map is corrupted, it must be deleted from the GPS

Then follow this FAQ to clear the cache and reinstall your map. https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-Aucune-carte-disponible-MyDrive-Connect-

To solve the lack of memory problem, install an SD of 16 or 32 GB maximum.
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    Link looks not be valid anymore or wrong. I was able to delete map and reinstall, does not help. Not sure about cache clearing.

for card is problem that until I have one valid map, I'm not able to format new card.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    The links work to delete your cookies from your browser.

a map will be offered to you once you have cleared the cache.
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    SRY just now discovered, map version is 10.85 not 10.75.
    Yes I have cleared Download folder many times and restarted device all times correctly.
    Only map I get offered is full EU map I can try to install it ( truncating to Northern zone only), it was worked any time B4 10.85, but 10.85 EU map seems to have problem with truncated EU maps.
    I asked from admin to have offered some small map for installing into device and then when able to format memory card then try'ng install full map on sdcard.
    currently my device is unusable.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited February 19 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @ES1JA
    Welcome to the site...
    The early NAV4 devices the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    The GO 500 has the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators should pick this on Monday and add a new Smaller Map or Smaller Map set to the Account to get past the 'Catch22'
    Note... You may also receive a 'No Maps Found' error warning on the device....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    TNX I already asked offering smaller map from VikramK by personal message, hopefully I get it on couple of days.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ES1JA
    The different version of the map has been activated for your TomTom. This should be offered to you in smaller countries/regions.

Regards, Vikram.
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited February 21
    TNX Vikram, now was able to install Europe North on device ( installed smallest Iceland for safety to) and now was able to format sdcard and currently full EU map installation to sdcard is in progress.
    My problem is resolved, but question is why installation of EU truncated to North zone into device fails, B4 10.85 it was working.
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    Now get next problem:
    Try'ng to add some POI ov2 files
    I can add poi file in mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb
    mydrive sync enabled in device.
    But nothing happens, sync does not take place.
    Can problem be that I have many maps updates/installation pending??
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Did you check synchronization correctly?

v5s5uvipl3p0.jpg
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    Where is this menu, never seen it, and sorry can't understand French.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager

I just saw it's POI files in ov2 you are trying to add, check your file
    your file must not exceed 2 MB
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    No I added a small ov2.
    8axamf84zaei.png
  • ES1JA
    Apprentice Seeker
    problem was resolved when I removed gps from computer and connected to mydrive using bluetooth.