tom tom 6250 professional traffic is active but GPRS is disconnected

mikeybhoy68
mikeybhoy68 EdinburghRegistered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited February 18 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi the live traffic on my 6250 professional has stopped working ?. I have tried a total reboot but no joy . it is saying that traffic is active but GPRS is disconnected . can anyone help please as it's meant to have lifetime live traffic . thanks for any help .

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,404
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

To try

• mikeybhoy68
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Willy done all that still no joy
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,814
    Superuser
    edited February 20
    HI
    @mikeybhoy68
    In your profile or in your Posts, you haven't stated the location of your Home Country ???
    Belgium is having problems with the 2G Network (Known Bug) Australia & Switzerland have turned off the 2G Network....

Be aware that a Live Device... The SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 12 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom (Wi-Fi Connected) Live devices....
    On the Startup screen bottom left... Check...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Data Connection....
    If the data connection displayed is Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190
    Turn off the disruptive Wi-Fi, USB or Bluetooth data connection or connections

Recheck GPRS Status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to GPRS Status

Maybe worth consideration if the device is out of guarantee....... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 5200/6200/Premium... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts tarnish/oxidize over time, and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of 'fine' pointed tweezers to remove the SIM....
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection....
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the Serial Number sticker....

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    YamFazMan wrote:
    HI
    @mikeybhoy68
    In your profile or in your Posts, you haven't stated the location of your Home Country ???
    Belgium is having problems with the 2G Network (Known Bug) Australia & Switzerland have turned off the 2G Network....

Hi
    In Scotland
  • mikeybhoy68
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi YamFazMan thanks for the reply but i'm in Scotland and my tom tom is used daily
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    @mikeybhoy68

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.