Oops something went wrong

joli_roger
joli_roger Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I’ve downloaded TomTom Go and purchased a month’s subscription but get the message ‘Oops something went wrong‘ after purchasing a 1 month subscription and am unable to continue. I’ve reinstalled the app countless times and created an account to see if I could somehow login but the only place this is possible is to ‘restore purchases’.

Device is currently an iPhone 11, iOS 15.3.1, TomTom Go v3.0

I know the subscription is successful and is available as it shows against my Apple ID. I’m also informed I’m already subscribed if I try and repeat the process.

Any help would be appreciated as I’m really frustrated with this.

i6g3pa589dnv.png
9otzigl8k76p.png

Comments

  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,205
    Community Manager
    In the second screen, have you tried Restore Purchases?
  • joli_roger
    joli_roger Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited February 17
    I have, this lets me login but shows no subscription. It seems my only option then is to return to the Choose a Plan screen when I click Continue.
    ai3vzhgs6xke.jpeg
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,205
    Community Manager
    While I replied one of our engineers came across your post and informed me that this might be related to a bug. Hopefully to be fixed in a 3.1 release.
    (GONAV-4440)
  • joli_roger
    joli_roger Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Ok great! I’ll await the update In the App Store, test and confirm in this post either way.

    Thanks
  • joli_roger
    joli_roger Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello,

    So I’ve just downloaded v3.1.3 and have unfortunately run into the same issue again.

    Is there any update on a fix for this?

    Thanks
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,205
    Community Manager
    I'm afraid it's still not fixed.
  • UKuser
    UKuser Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    am trying to sign up tom tom go app in my phone after the trial expired, it keep saying Oops something went wrong, i have contacted apple, they said there is nothing wrong with my account. i have also try to delete and reinstall app, but it keeps saying Oops something went wrong.
    has this tom tom go come to end of its life ? should i look for alternative product ?
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,205
    Community Manager
    @UKuser
    I'm afraid it's a known issue. I merged your post to one that a second user had already created.
  • anferro
    anferro Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Me too
  • Schalli
    Schalli Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited April 15
    Hello all,
    I have the same problem as Joli_roger😩.
    Talked to "Apple" on the phone, everything is fine from them (the annual subscription for renewal is also shown on the phone, also received two confirmation emails).
    When I click through it, it says at the end (whoops, an error has occurred and when I go to "manage" it says "no connection").
    I hope someone can help me here😇
    Greetings from Buxtehude and a happy Easter to all✌🏻.

    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)


    Hallo zusammen,
    habe das gleich Problem wie Joli_roger😩
    Habe mit „Apple“ telefoniert, von denen aus ist alles in Ordnung (das Jahresabonnement zur Verlängerung wird auch auf dem Telefon angezeigt, habe auch zwei Bestätigungs email’s erhalten)
    Wenn ich mich dann da durch klicke wird zum Schluss angezeigt (hoppla, es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten und wenn ich auf „verwalten“ gehe wird angezeigt „keine Verbindung“
    Hoffe mir kann hier jemand helfen😇
    Grüße aus Buxtehude und allen ein schönes Osterfest✌🏻
  • Vodor
    Vodor Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    It seems TomTom doesn’t want my money, unable to subscribe as well. Ah, it’s their loss if they can’t even fix this in 2 months time.
  • UKuser
    UKuser Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    after multiple live chat conversation with tom tom and apple,
    1. Tom tom convinced that is apple store are having problem with the subscription, tomtom said they have no access to apple subscription information.
    2. Apple convinced that they have done all they can in their end. been through screen share for an hour try to trouble shoot the app or payment or apple id or the apple software. found nothing wrong in their side.

    i think the problem is in the app itself. it doesn't have any option to continue pay subscription when the trial come to finish.

    am heading to my 3.5 weeks of Europe touring, anyone can suggest a better app then tom tom go ?
  • Vodor
    Vodor Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    UKuser wrote: »

    am heading to my 3.5 weeks of Europe touring, anyone can suggest a better app then tom tom go ?

    Don’t know if it’s better, but Waze at least works for me.

  • UKuser
    UKuser Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Vodor wrote: »
    UKuser wrote: »

    Don’t know if it’s better, but Waze at least works for me.

    thanks, i will try it. i also use google map too. i want something i can download the europe map incase there is no mobile reception
  • anferro
    anferro Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    No changes?
  • Vodor
    Vodor Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    I managed to solve my issue (but perhaps it is different from the OP’s issue).

    In IOS it is possible to prevent in-app purchases. It is a setting in “screen time” on the phone settings. I must have blocked in-app purchases long ago because I can’t even remember doing that.

    Now it’s working for me. But the TomTom app should give a more clear error instead of a generic Oops message.
  • anferro
    anferro Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Vodor wrote: »
    I managed to solve my issue (but perhaps it is different from the OP’s issue).

    In IOS it is possible to prevent in-app purchases. It is a setting in “screen time” on the phone settings. I must have blocked in-app purchases long ago because I can’t even remember doing that.

    Now it’s working for me. But the TomTom app should give a more clear error instead of a generic Oops message.


    No works for me. Thanks
  • DJSheridan
    DJSheridan Registered Users Posts: 128
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    It's not just the app version this happens to.
    I have a Premium X and when it informs me there is a map update... I update it but then it keeps informing me "Oops! Something went wrong!".
    So I have to connect to my laptop and sign into My Drive connect and install a different version of the map... then once done... remove the original one... then install the new version direct.
    Tom Tom are making things way too difficult now.
  • anferro
    anferro Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Jürgen wrote: »
    While I replied one of our engineers came across your post and informed me that this might be related to a bug. Hopefully to be fixed in a 3.1 release.
    (GONAV-4440)

    3.1?. Now 3.1.4 and don’t work. Tomtom, when will it work?

  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,205
    Community Manager
    The fix didn't make it into 3.1 in the end and was moved to 3.2 for now. 3.1.5 that's currently with Apple has no fix included.
  • nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 110
    Supreme Navigator
    UKuser wrote: »
    after multiple live chat conversation with tom tom and apple,
    1. Tom tom convinced that is apple store are having problem with the subscription, tomtom said they have no access to apple subscription information.
    2. Apple convinced that they have done all they can in their end. been through screen share for an hour try to trouble shoot the app or payment or apple id or the apple software. found nothing wrong in their side.

    i think the problem is in the app itself. it doesn't have any option to continue pay subscription when the trial come to finish.

    am heading to my 3.5 weeks of Europe touring, anyone can suggest a better app then tom tom go ?

    I have found that Apple Maps provides a very decent alternative to TomTom. In many ways Apple Maps is superior eg clearer display, no garbled pronunciation of street names etc The only thing that I really miss from TomTom was an audible warning of exceeding the speed limit.