No maps found: TomTom VIA 1535: map is not labeled corrupt, unable to delete previous map

Nezzis_dad
Nezzis_dad Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hello. My VIA 1535 is displaying the "No maps found" message. I went to MyDriveConnect to update all software, and it states the device is up to date. Under My Content, it shows the USA, Canada & Mexico map; there is no indication that it corrupt. I have tried selecting the "Install" button but it states that there is not enough memory to install it. The suggestion is to delete the current file through MyDrive settings. I tried following the instructions in your video:
settings/Downloads/...as suggested in your video, but I cannot select the Empty download folder. I am still unable to uninstall the current file, in order to install a fresh one.

I do not have the files downloaded on my computer, so I can't uninstall it through the computer. How can I get my map recognized by the unit again?
Thanks for your help.
Len

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,705
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Nezzis_dad
    Welcome to the community! I think the issue here could be due to the lack of space on the internal memory of the device.
    I have added a smaller map on your account, could you try installing it on the internal memory first.

The Via 1535 supports memory expansion and once you have a working map on the internal memory you can insert a micro-SDHC (8 GB) card and format it on the device.

Once formatted and recognized in MyDrive Connect, it should allow you to install the map of USA, Canada & Mexico

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,705
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Nezzis_dad
    Welcome to the community! I think the issue here could be due to the lack of space on the internal memory of the device.
    I have added a smaller map on your account, could you try installing it on the internal memory first.

The Via 1535 supports memory expansion and once you have a working map on the internal memory you can insert a micro-SDHC (8 GB) card and format it on the device.

Once formatted and recognized in MyDrive Connect, it should allow you to install the map of USA, Canada & Mexico

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,381
    Superuser
    @VikramK

Surely, in this day and age, an 8 GB card (even if one can be found) is too small for today's maps of the size of U_C_M. I'd think 16 GB sized cards are more relevant and appropriate.
  • Nezzis_dad
    Nezzis_dad Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Vikram's answer was very helpful, as it guided me what to look for. On the MyDrive screen, it seems that my installed card was not seen. I reformatted it, but when re-installed, it still was not detected. I removed it and tried to install a smaller map. After several attempts, it finally loaded. My plan now is to purchase a 16GB card, and see if that works, then I can install larger maps. For the time being, I think that I can use the smaller map. My impression is that the previous card was no longer usable. I thank Vikram for his assistance.