Does anyone know who Informatics are please?

haya_busaman0
haya_busaman0 Registered Users Posts: 16
Master Explorer
I had a problem with my pro 5150, contacted TT & was put through to an insurance co. Anybody else had this or am I being scammed?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,306
    Revered Voyager
    I don't think you had contact with Tomtom customer service by being directed to an insurance company you were scammed.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,708
    Superuser
    Do you mean Informatics or Telematics.

Telematics is the former subsidiary of TomTom and was bought by Goodyear. Also sometimes known as webfleet. Mainly truck navigation products were sold there
  • haya_busaman0
    Master Explorer
    Definitely Informatics
  • haya_busaman0
    Master Explorer
    Sorry for the confusion, apparently Informatics is the payment agent or something. It seems to be an insurance from TT which covers all the devices in my household. What confused it more is, when trying to login from the chat bot page, it would just say error 400. I've just cleared my history & managed to get through & speak to a live agent & who has arranged for a senior agent to contact me. I don't think I've been scammed yet! However I did pay by credit card so do have a comeback if needed!
    Thanks for your replys
    Hayabusaman
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,306
    Revered Voyager
    4 or 5 years ago, Tomtom offered Extra Care insurance I don't know if it's still relevant?

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/tomtom-extra-care/