Carminat TomTom Maps Not Working

emuirhead
emuirhead Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I've been in contact via email regarding this issue and was advised to buy a new SD card after trying other methods that did not work.

In built TomTom was stuck on starting loop. Tried deleting folder which did not work and re formatting the SD card (made my laptop really slow and was unsuccessful). Got a new SD card and put the back up folder onto it (as advised to), inserted into the car and then received a message saying you cannot use this map with this device. I was then advised to delete the map on TomTom Home and update to get a new map. Did this and no map available. Contacted TomTom via email again who said I would have to purchase one!? Tried to LiveChat but have been waiting for over 40 minutes.

Please help, this cannot be correct being told to delete a map and buy a new one??

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,361
    Revered Voyager
    Is that a new blank SD card you bought?
    Have you inserted this SD into the Carminat so that it can copy files to the SD?
  • emuirhead
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Willy875 Yes a new blank SD card - should the blank card have been inserted into the car before laptop? I put the backed up files from the previous card onto the blank one then put into the car.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If you don't buy a new card on Tomtom Home, you don't need to insert it.

The easiest way to clone an SD card from a Carminat:
    1/ put the blank card in the pc's card reader.
    2/ fetch the Gps backup file from the computer
    3/ select the internal memory tab then copy and paste on the new SD card.
    4/ introduced the SD in the Carminat it is recognized as an original Renault card.
  • emuirhead
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Willy875 yes that's what I did then received the message on the display in the car saying the map could not be used with the device. Just unsure why I would need to purchase a new map when I did have one (even though it's now somehow incompatible!) :(
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If it is a map recently purchased through Tomtom Home, you should be able to reinstall it.

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • emuirhead
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks @Willy875 a map was never purchased it all came with the car and has worked fine for years. Thanks for your help, will come back tomorrow @VikramK
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @emuirhead
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated for your TomTom. Just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.