How to access maps on SD card for GO5000

felicityjg
felicityjg Registered Users Posts: 8
New Seeker
I have looked at the instruction manual which says to go into Menu and 'change device'. But this instruction does not appear in my menu. I have used it before, but many years ago. However, when I ask the device to format the SD card, it tells me it is already formatted. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can access the maps on my SD card? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,375
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Select Settings then Maps Select Change map to change the map you are using.

Answers

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Select Settings then Maps Select Change map to change the map you are using.
  • felicityjg
    New Seeker
    Thank you Willy 875. I'm still struggling with the download, but hoping to get there!
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    The change map function is only useful if you have 2 maps installed on your GPS.
  • felicityjg
    New Seeker
    Thank you - I have somehow managed to install a map I don't want, and in my content it won't let me delete it, it's only letting me update it. I have asked it to install the map I actually want and although my device is continuing to say it is updating, my computer, after about 15 minutes, tells me that it isn't! A panel comes up telling me to disconnect and reconnect my device. I'm beginning to think this will never end! I've been struggling with it for 2 days now!
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Today version 10.85 has been released, is it available for you?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    Hi
    @felicityjg
    Tomtom devices like your GO 5000 >> MUST << have at least one Map installed on the device before it will even Start/Boot-up....
    Note... If there is only one Map installed on the device you cannot delete the Map....

The early NAV4 devices like your GO 5000 the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    If your device has the 8GB limit on-board Memory size, on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real situation....
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators should pick this up and add a new smaller Map set to the Account....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM