item was not valid after installation

None33
None33 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
I have a XXL with lifetime maps. Unable to update map, getting the error "item was not valid after installation". I have tried many times to get the XXL to update with various schemes. Formatted the XXL several times, the reinstall of the app, voices, etc. all reinstall but the map install stops with item was not valid after installation.

Hope someone can help. Thanks, None33

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Answer ✓
    Hi @None33
    Have you tried installing the latest map v10.85?
    If yes, and you still get this error, then I would suggest that you report this to our customer service team.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @None33

1085 is the latest version o f the map being offered. Is the other map one that was bought years ago?

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    None33 wrote: »
    Is here a way retrieve the favorites from the backups?

On your backup in the folder of your map (Europe) look for a file << mapsettings.Cfg>> Copy and paste it in the cartography folder on your GPS.

Answers

• None33
    Apprentice Seeker
    I haven't used this forum before.

I have a XXL with lifetime maps. Unable to update map, getting the error "item was not valid after installation". I have tried many times to get the XXL to update with various schemes. Formatted the XXL several times, the reinstall of the app, voices, etc. all reinstall but the map install stops with item was not valid after installation.

Hope someone can help. Thanks, None33
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Answer ✓
    Hi @None33
    Have you tried installing the latest map v10.85?
    If yes, and you still get this error, then I would suggest that you report this to our customer service team.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • None33
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram,

TomTom Home did not offer up that version? Map versions 880.362 small and 1085.11384 were available?
    How do I get to the new version?
    Thanks, None33
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @None33

1085 is the latest version o f the map being offered. Is the other map one that was bought years ago?

Doug
  • None33
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,
    Turns out 10.85 map update was being offered by TomTom Home but I was always trying to install the smaller offered version 880.362.
    Additionally the version that I listed as 1085.11384 was actually 10.85, apparently, I need new glasses.
    When I tried 10.85 the next window offered several variations in smaller sizes, one loaded correctly and is working fine except the favorites.

Previously, after a few failed update try's, I used Windows 10 to backup my XXL and then formatted it. Is here a way retrieve the favorites from the backups?

Thanks for everyone for your help.

None33
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    None33 wrote: »
    Is here a way retrieve the favorites from the backups?

On your backup in the folder of your map (Europe) look for a file << mapsettings.Cfg>> Copy and paste it in the cartography folder on your GPS.
  • None33
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,
    Concerning recreating the favorites from a Windows backup of the TT XXL:

I found the << mapsettings.Cfg>> file in the XXL backup but I could not find the cartography folder in the XXL?
    I then added a favorite to the XXL wondering if the cartography had not been created yet. Still no cartography folder?

Are there any other possible locations folders in XXL file system?

Thanks, None33