Why does the app say No Route Possible when I am in a car park?

FatAlbert62
FatAlbert62 LeominsterRegistered Users Posts: 6
Novice Seeker
I have just tried to use the app to navigate back for the car dealer after collecting my car. Sat in the car park, search for home and then touch DRIVE. app says No Route Possible but when I move 30m to the road it computes a solution. All the necessary maps are loaded. This cannot be right, surely? So what is the solution?

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,851
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @FatAlbert62 @Jürgen

I think I have worked out it depends where you are in the Car Park.

If I select a position near the Electric Point or in that area then a route is worked out. However you will see in the TT Go App that there is a thin roadway with direction arrows displayed in the carpark, further away from the building, and if I Press and hold the screen halfway along the top part of the circuit and select to start when I sort out a destination it then says No Route Possible.

I note that display shows an row pointing as if it is one way at the entrance.

Doug
  • FatAlbert62
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    I think you’ve found the problem as it shows one way at the entrance - we will have to call it the Car Park California as it looks like you can park any time you like but you can never leave.

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @FatAlbert62

If I sit in my house and set a route the App works okay and the screen shows a dotted line from my position to the nearest bit of road.

Were you in an open car park, a covered car park or surrounded by buildings and trees etc so the phone was struggling to locate your position.

Doug
  • FatAlbert62
    Novice Seeker
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for the reply. I was in the wide open car park so nothing blocking the sats - the position on the display was spot on. In my house it works exactly as you describe, so I was very surprised to see the No Route Possible message when in the car park. I will have to try it at a few more locations to see if was just a simple glitch.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,209
    Community Manager
    edited February 16
    Can you share the start location?
    If you go to menu > TomTom Services and disable Online Routing, is the route then possible?
  • FatAlbert62
    Novice Seeker
    I won’t be going to that location for at least another 4 months so I can’t try what you suggest. The image below shows where I was parked.

b5q9nmne1d6c.png
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    When I use the coordinates in the screenshot as a start point and try to navigate to a random location on the map, the route can be planned. That's with Online Routing enabled. So I cannot reproduce it. So I suggest we assume it was a single occurrence.
  • FatAlbert62
    Novice Seeker
    I think you’re probably right. Thanks for you assistance.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @FatAlbert62 @Jürgen

I think I have worked out it depends where you are in the Car Park.

If I select a position near the Electric Point or in that area then a route is worked out. However you will see in the TT Go App that there is a thin roadway with direction arrows displayed in the carpark, further away from the building, and if I Press and hold the screen halfway along the top part of the circuit and select to start when I sort out a destination it then says No Route Possible.

I note that display shows an row pointing as if it is one way at the entrance.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Really strange. Now I can reproduce it. It must have to do with the entrance.
  • FatAlbert62
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    I think you’ve found the problem as it shows one way at the entrance - we will have to call it the Car Park California as it looks like you can park any time you like but you can never leave.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @FatAlbert62

😂😂