Unable to update MAP on GO 6000

ThinkTwice
ThinkTwice Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Hello,

I am using a GO 6000 GPS, i manage to plug it to MyDrive Connect and it show me many updates.
I did the GPS Software Update
I did the MapShare updates
And i wasn't able to updates lifetime maps Europe. It just stuck on a screen telling me the update is going on but nothing is happening.

What i tried to fix :

Free 50Go on my MyDrive Connect cache folder
Clear many times the cache
Fix USB port to not going sleep
Change USB Cable

I am out of solutions actually any help would be appreciated

Thanks !

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited February 15
    Hi
    @ThinkTwice
    Welcome to the site...
    The early NAV4 devices the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    If your device has the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators pick this type of problem and add a new smaller Map set to the Account to get past the 'Catch22'
    Note... You may also receive a 'No Maps Found' error warning on the device....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • ThinkTwice
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello,

I have a Go6000 not a Via 52.
    What is a "Catch22 situation" ?

I actually have 8Gb of internal storage and i use 7Go of it. I also tried to downgrade the map coverage going from full europe to only central europe which should go from 7Go to 5Go but still nothing happen.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,371
    Revered Voyager
    edited February 15
    Hi

You can add an SD card of up to 16 or 32 GB.
    you can try unplugging USB and plugging it back in a few times to restart the download.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    Hi
    @ThinkTwice
    Sorry I forgot to delete the Via 52 reference... I've edited the post...
    Click on the link for Catch22 Info... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    The easiest fix is to install a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory card... then the Maps should install OK....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ThinkTwice
    Apprentice Seeker
    "You can add an SD card of up to 16 or 32 GB."

ok but why do you think it is a disk space problem actually ?

"you can try unplugging USB and plugging it back in a few times to restart the download."

i tried this a ton of time
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @ThinkTwice
    Welcome to the community! I have activated a different version of the Europe map for your GO 6000. This map should be offered in smaller regions/countries.

Could you do soft reset and check if you are able to download a smaller map to the internal memory of the device?

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • ThinkTwice
    Apprentice Seeker
    I actually tried but the reset don't remove the actual map. So the problem still the same.
    Would be cool, if the problem is due to lack of space, to be able to access intern memory in order to delete the map.
  • Nuno Miguel
    Nuno Miguel Registered Users Posts: 15
    Legendary Explorer
    i got same problem... got only 290 mb free space... removed voices and other stuff but i can't update map... any advice?? i'am stuck on 10.15 maps version...
  • ThinkTwice
    Apprentice Seeker
    A miracle happened i started my tomtom connect and i could select only one map and it ask me if i want to delete others map etc.
    I did nothing to fix the problem maybe the software has been patched and showed me more options then usually. I Could select country by country etc not only europe.
    Problem solved !
  • ThinkTwice
    Apprentice Seeker
    and by the way i clicked on allow beta software release in options !