Truncated voice instructions

SantaFeTom
SantaFeTom Registered Users Posts: 34
Renowned Wayfarer
Using Android Auto, roughly the last second of all voice instructions gets truncated. This was not the case about a month ago. A lot of pieces have changed since then. The phone was upgraded to android 12, the car head unit had a software upgrade and I just noticed Go was updated. The car is a 2021 BMW x3, the phone is a Samsung galaxy s10e, the Go voice has always been Samantha. I have not tested to see if the issue exists when not using AA. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Thanks, @SantaFeTom for reporting! Is it happening at a specific point like at a roundabout or is it random? Can you mention an example of instruction being truncated? Also, what's the audio channel you're using in the app? (Under the Main menu>Settings>Sounds & Warnings> Audio output)

Best, lampard
  • SantaFeTom
    Renowned Wayfarer
    It happens for all instructions. For example, if the instruction was "in 400 feet turn right on 4th street" all that would be heard is "in 400 feet turn right on 4th s". Does that make sense? I am guessing that it is about 1second of lost audio. The channel is the music channel.
  • SantaFeTom
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Additional info. I set the channel to system and all audio came from the phone. I then set it to voice call channel and got no audio. I did not try the other choices but it seems that the music channel is the only one that gets the audio via the car audio system. BTW, this car only supports wireless AA using its built in WiFi hotspot and Bluetooth. Both need to be enabled for AA to connect. I do not know how other aps work with AA since I only use it for the TomTom go app.
  • SantaFeTom
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Yet more info: As a test to see if other apps have the same problem, I played music via AA using the MediaMonkey (MM) app. It played perfectly. What is interesting is that while the music is playing, Go instructions play perfectly too. If I stop MM, then Go instructions are truncated.
  • grof
    grof Registered Users Posts: 95
    Supreme Trailblazer
    This is a well reported historic problem on the forum! The audio is still super quiet as well. Be great to get these issues fixed!
  • grof
    grof Registered Users Posts: 95
    Supreme Trailblazer
    I must apologise. I have been out all day using the TT and was reminded by 'Serena' the TT voice that the instructions were not so much truncated, more like she has a speech impediment. So some instructions have the words 'clipped' or with bits missing in the middle.

The audio is still too quiet though compared to everything else.