Renault Carminat

Vinceeast
Vinceeast Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
maps cards x2 purchased. first card 259204024R says cannot use on this device error code 884 second card 259209024R says cannot use on this device error code 253
I was told by dealers to buy a second hand card.
dealership tested one of their cards 259209024R in my car and maps came straight up.
what am i doing wrong please.
Vehicle is a 2011 Renault grand scenic.
no iead how to find the serial number.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    I answered you here https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1798389/#Comment_1798389

a second-hand SD card that was inserted in one vehicle cannot work on another vehicle.
  • Vinceeast
    Vinceeast Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Hi,
    Thankyou for your response.
    amazingly this information was given to me by renault dealers.
    I know the system works in the car as, one of the sales team had a card in a drawer, they inserted into my car and the maps came straight up.
    Having seen this with my own eyes i believed i could just get a card from with the same number as they recommended and it would work.
    so moving forward... If i were to format the card and purchase new maps from here and download it to the card will this work in my car then?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    Yes possible to format the SD

1/ Buy a blank SD of 8 GB maximum (format in FAT 32 if it is not new)
    2/ Placed it in the GPS.
    3/ Turn on the carminat which will copy 2 files necessary for its recognition.
    4/ Eject the card with the button provided and remove the card.
    5/ On the computer insert the card and start Tomtom Home
    6/ Connect to your Tomtom Home account (email address + password) that will be associated with this card.
    7/ Then via Tomtom Home you bought a recent map of Europe.

You also have new maps on the Tomtom site. https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/?type=mapssdcards