Features and Price Increase

walkerx
walkerx Registered Users Posts: 333
Supreme Navigator
I've noticed that TT have increased the price of the annual subscription by more than 50% from £12.99 a year to £19.99 a year

Anyone know when they made this price change as up until earlier this month it was still £12.99

I don't mind a price increase but to increase it by nearly 54% and no decent new features have appeared is a huge jump in price. We're still waiting for them to implement a similar design for the notifications as they have on the AmiGo App (which they are also looking to possible start charging for) when using Android Auto. Yes AmiGo is free and requires permanent online connection but the whole interface is miles better than the Go app which requires internet connection to confirm you have licence otherwise it won't work on Android Auto.

Comments

• sholm
    sholm Registered Users Posts: 40
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hello walkerx!

Thats quite right, but the increase in Denmark is 56,57%

How do you know there is an increase for the Amigo?
  • mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Revered Voyager
    @walkerx
    valid only for new customers!
  • walkerx
    Supreme Navigator
    edited February 13
    @sholm It was mentioned in a reply to review I made that they may add a subscription fee (or they may add the features for free - offline mapping and routing) to the AmiGo product. Not sure if you have used AmiGo especially in Android Auto mode, but it is miles better than TomTom Go which I can't understand why, seeing it is their free online product.

@mapfanatic incorrect as I'm already a subscriber and when you go into subscriptions the price has increased for renewals, so it affects all customers
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,964
    edited February 14
    Hi @walkerx

The subscription renews based on the price you subscribed for. Your subscriptions will renew based on the price you initially subscribed for. So, if you entered a 12M subscription @ €12,99, it will auto-renew at €12,99 again. Nothing changes.​

​Best, lampard
  • walkerx
    Supreme Navigator
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @walkerx

The subscription renews based on the price you subscribed for. Your subscriptions will renew based on the price you initially subscribed for. So, if you entered a 12M subscription @ €12,99, it will auto-renew at €12,99 again. Nothing changes.​

​Best, lampard

If that is the case then why is it showing £19.99 for the cost of my renewal within the app and not £12.99. Granted it not due for a while, but surely you can get it to show the correct subscription costs for current users
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,964
    Hi @walkerx

Subscriptions with old prices will renew with the old price. On "See plans" screen, you can see new subscriptions with higher prices. If you decide to downgrade/upgrade the existing subscription, the new price will be applicable.

Best, lampard
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,436
    Revered Voyager
    Hi @walkerx

If you look on the app > subscription > manage > costs to come the price and at 12.99 €
  • AmirMhmd
    AmirMhmd Registered Users Posts: 25
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    According to the attached screenshot it says
    "Your subscription will renew at the advertised price"
    which is a question itself as that's not clear if it'll renew at the old price or the new price, a bit confusing 🤔
    2ymgt0okm0nb.jpg
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,436
    Revered Voyager
    Normally if you click to manage the next direct debit and at 12.99€

8oocll08vtq2.jpg
  • Colonel25
    Colonel25 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    edited February 23
    What if I want to go from a 6 to month subscription to a 12 months subscription? It would be cheaper for me to do 2 x 6 month subscriptions! Surely that’s wrong!
  • ren1969
    ren1969 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I wasn't happy about this increase either. Originally I was on a 12 month subscription on the old tariff but as an NHS worker I was then given "free" access via the Blue Light card app during lock-down.

This was a really nice gesture - and appreciated as we were all working as normal during this time - but now this offer has ended there is no trace of my original subscription and therefore I am looking at having to pay the new user price of £19.99 or use a different product...

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat who feels a little cheated... :/
  • z7x
    z7x Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    ren1969 wrote: »
    I wasn't happy about this increase either. Originally I was on a 12 month subscription on the old tariff but as an NHS worker I was then given "free" access via the Blue Light card app during lock-down.

This was a really nice gesture - and appreciated as we were all working as normal during this time - but now this offer has ended there is no trace of my original subscription and therefore I am looking at having to pay the new user price of £19.99 or use a different product...

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat who feels a little cheated... :/

Coincidentally someone asked me about this yesterday and when I looked I could only see the price of £19.99 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I was wondering what will happen and my subscription was renewed at £12.99 this morning 👍🏼
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 573
    Revered Pioneer
    12,99 is a normal behavior for the so called TT GO "old accounts".