THIS IS PROGRESS????

MAJ67
MAJ67 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
After much hassle I managed to have TomTom honour the Lifetime Cameras on my new Go620.

My trusty old XL IQ Routes has sadly been partially retired as I needed to plot roadtrips using MyDriveConnect.

Am I missing something here.....

1) When navigating a route, is there any way to have a verbal instruction repeat? Every other TomTom I've had you just had to press the info section to have the thing repeat in case you didn't hear correctly. I can't figure any way of doing this.
2) Is there no way of getting rid of that annoying side/route bar entirely? I'd read somewhere that there was a setting to have it auto-hide - but there's definitely no setting on mine
3) On lane guidance (probably THE most useful function on my older models)..... can this Go620 not go to full screen to show this rather than just a tiny image at the top of the screen.

I'll not even mention the painful lack of options to change screen colours and import voices.

All in all, I'm really rather unimpressed by this Go620, and am trying to make the best out of a bad job. Not progress, not at all.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited February 11
    Hi
    @MAJ67
    MAJ67 wrote: »
    (Snip) My trusty old XL IQ Routes has sadly been partially retired as I needed to plot road trips using MyDriveConnect
    Try the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter/Route planner....
    More Info Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1779741/#Comment_1779741
    (Snip)1) When navigating a route, is there any way to have a verbal instruction repeat? Every other TomTom I've had you just had to press the info section to have the thing repeat in case you didn't hear correctly. I can't figure any way of doing this.
    Try using 'Voice Control' or List View....
    More Info Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1646606/#Comment_1646606
    2) Is there no way of getting rid of that annoying side/route bar entirely? I'd read somewhere that there was a setting to have it auto-hide - but there's definitely no setting on mine
    Sorry NO...
    3) On lane guidance (probably THE most useful function on my older models)... can this Go620 not go to full screen to show this rather than just a tiny image at the top of the screen (Snip)
    The Mini ALG display is for general lane guidance....
    s84mmbd9s0yd.jpg
    The full ALG... Motorway EXIT previews for a 'Motorway Interchange' or the 'Exit Junction' when you leave the Motorway are displayed full screen during your planned journey...
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Motorway exit previews -->Show preview only (i.e Full screen)

May be useful... Download GO 620 Wi-Fi User Manual
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295140-GO-620-Wi-Fi-User-Manual

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MAJ67
    MAJ67 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks very much YFM....a very detailed and worthy reply. Maybe not the best news, but at least I know. Cheers.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    Hi
    @MAJ67
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    To help others in the community with similar problems....
    If my reply answered your question ???
    Then on my Reply... Please answer 'Yes'
    To... Did this answer the question? 'Yes'< >' No'

Stay Safe... ATB YFM