Lifetime update of maps expired

Sgraabaek
Sgraabaek Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
I have a Tomtom 20 with lifetime map updates purchased in the US. Since I haven't been able to travel to the US because of Covid-19 since November 2019 and I therefore haven't updated my Tomtom 20, I read that the lifetime update of maps has expired. How can a lifetime update expire and where do I complain about that?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    edited February 11
    Hi @Sgraabaek

I suspect the Lifetime Maps relates to the maps that came with the device. . It is likely that when you purchased the USA Map it may have had an option for 1 or 4 updates limited to 1 year as purchased maps do not usually come with a lifetime promise.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,348
    Revered Voyager
    Sgraabaek wrote: »
    I have a Tomtom 20 with lifetime map updates purchased in the US. Since I haven't been able to travel to the US because of Covid-19 since November 2019 and I therefore haven't updated my Tomtom 20, I read that the lifetime update of maps has expired. How can a lifetime update expire and where do I complain about that?

Maps are lifetime for maps installed at time of purchase.
  • jeanette_1225
    jeanette_1225 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    i have just tried to update my lifetime maps on my Via 52. apparently lifetime is not lifetime if you manage to get around to reading the small print. what the heck does it matter whether or not you have updated in the past 36mths. i have had a very hectic 5yrs and not using much i have not given updating much thought. I dont like using my phone maps because lack of holder but I think i'll get a holder be cheaper than $80 plus $$ every update.
    I used to have only positive thoughts of Tomtom but seems they are like every other company, grab it where you can and be darned if consumer doesn't like it. thank you..
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    edited March 20
    @jeanette_1225

Why be angry,? you must first ask to see if Tomtom can do something for you.

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,740
    Hi @jeanette_1225
    I reviewed your TomTom account and I see the map update service is active for your TomTom.
    Could you clear the MyDrive Connect application cache and check for updates?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Toni_Caval_1
    Toni_Caval_1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited April 6
    Serial # BQxxxxxxxxx33

I thought that my device came with Lifetime Maps but, when I try to up-date, which I've done without any problem in the past, I'm being asked to pay. What am I doing incorrectly?

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    @Toni_Caval_1

Come back later, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,740
    Hi @Toni_Caval_1
    I don't find any issue with map update services on your TomTom. I think it's probably due to memory/space issue that you are not offered the new maps.
    If you use a 16 GB memory card, the new map updates should get installed.

Regards,
    Vikram