I have a VIA1515TM that didn't update properly. Now it won't connect.

Garfy
Garfy Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Traveler
After trying to update my Via1515TM, it briefly showed some navcore.dll or something to that effect and it proceeded. But since then, I can't connect again to do updates; MyDrive says device isn't responding, even though each time I plug it in and unplug it, the computer has the beep tones that it detected the USB cable being plugged in. Is there a way to remove the current map and reset the firmware/OS of the GPS to the way it was from the factory and then update the map file? I noticed that I can remove the map file and some voices, but nothing that looks like navcore or anything system-like. A few times it did show "connected" and when I went to update QuickGPSFix, it says "getting ready" but it never proceeds beyond that no matter how long it's plugged in. In the past, a QuickGPSFix would take less than a minute. Thanks very much!

Best Answer

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    edited February 11
    Have you tried deleting Mydrive connect and then reinstalling it?

As for navcore, only customer service can add it to your account.
  • Garfy
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, I did uninstall MyDrive Connect and then reinstalled it but no change. Since it can't even update the small QuickGPSFix file, I'm hesitant to remove the map and try re-installing it but that's the last thing I can try. I'm still wondering if something has gone wrong with the "system" itself and as you say, only customer service can make those changes on my account. I'll try and reinstall the map file and see if anything changes. If I can't get the map reinstalled, I'll put a note here and hopefully customer service can do whatever magic they do to restore the system. Thanks!
  • Garfy
    Apprentice Traveler
    I'm wondering how do I get in touch with "customer service" so they can reset my 1515TM to original out-of-box condition as far as the OS/firmware goes? I suspect there's an issue there because no matter what I try to download updates (like QuickGPSFix) it downloads the updates then says "Checking" and it never finishes updating. I don't even see the message on the GPS that says it's updating which I used to see before. Thanks!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,430
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    How to contact Tomtom customer service.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560