GO 520 map of USA

Herby51
Herby51 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited February 11 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi, just purchased a tomtom go520, partly because I'm driving in America this summer and the spec for this model indicates World maps. The only map installed is Europe. I can Add a map but the only maps listed for this are European maps. How can I get American maps?
Hope you can help.

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Herby51

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Herby51
    I have activated computer voice 'Serena' on your account. Could you download > activate and test it when you drive next time...

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the card.
  • Herby51
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Willy875
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Herby51

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • Herby51
    Apprentice Seeker
    Many thanks Vikram, American maps now appear in Add a map list.
    However I have another problem. How do I get the device to speak the directions while following a route? I have selected English (UK) for my language in Languages & Units but the device remains silent while I drive. (It doesn't help that the boxed manual includes 6 European languages but not English!)
    nb. The voice instructions icon at the end of the volume bar does NOT have a line through it. Also I have selected voice Jane and the sample sounds fine.
    Please help!
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Herby51
    I have activated computer voice 'Serena' on your account. Could you download > activate and test it when you drive next time...

Regards,
    Vikram.