map update

mg67
mg67 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
hallo, I got a via 52 device and need to update europe map: this update is 7171MB, whilst on my device available only 5579MB. How to go on without surprises? shall I remove content from device before and then proceed with updating? my fear is to loose everything...

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,993
     Superuser
    edited February 10
    Hi
    @mg67
    Welcome to the site...
    Does your Via 52 have 8GB or16 GB of on-board memory ???
    The early NAV4 devices the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    If your device has the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators pick this type of problem and add a new smaller Map set to the Account to get past the 'Catch22'
    Note... You may also receive a 'No Maps Found' error warning on the device....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,953
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    mg67 wrote: »
    hallo, I got a via 52 device and need to update europe map: this update is 7171MB, whilst on my device available only 5579MB. How to go on without surprises? shall I remove content from device before and then proceed with updating? my fear is to loose everything...

Add an SD of 16 to 32 GB maximum.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,055
    Hi @mg67
    Welcome to the community!
    A different version of the map has been activated for your TomTom, if you check for updates now the maps should be offered to you in smaller map regions/countries.

Regards,
    Vikram.