Inaccurate Mapping in Barbados

Ched
Ched Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
After much difficulty contacting right area of Tom Tom website for "South America & Caribbean" mapping for GO 5200, sold at a premium price with lifetime free worldwide mapping, they eventually enabled a download of latest version.
However it was very unreliable and inaccurate for Barbados - unable to find a top tourist facility "Westmoreland Golf Resort", or even the main route back to "Grantley Adams International Airport". Home now, but could have helped them remap locations if they had been more contactable/helpful.
Suggestion: Buy a Data roaming "add on" for your smartphone, & use Google Maps in this location.
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,821
    Superuser
    Hi @Ched

I am in the UK and just downloaded the Latam map and with that map selected if I input Golf Course in Search on my GO5200 and then select the Golf Course icon in the Righthand Column then it includes Westmorelnd Golf Club in St James Barbados in the long list of Golf courses. If I was in Barbados I would expect the course to be near the top of the list as the list I get is in distance from me.

The same technique finds BGI Grantley Adam Airport. Having typed Airport in Search. If I then Tap Drive it creates a route of 17 miles and suggesting 42 minutes.

Doug