HELP - Speed Camera subscription hassle - AS EXPECTED!!!!

MAJ67
MAJ67 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I've bought several TomTom devices over the last 20+ years, and each and every single one has been problematic, and each time I've sworn never to go there again...... yet, stupidly, here I am AGAIN!!!

Just received a new TomTom Go 620 from Amazon UK. Described as 'TomTom Car Sat Nav GO 620, 6 Inch with Handsfree Calling, Siri, Google Now, Updates via WiFi, Lifetime Traffic via Smartphone and World Maps, Smartphone Messages'

A friend has just also bought the exact same one a couple of weeks ago from Amazon and had to contact TomTom customer services to enable the lifetime speed cameras. I know he had a bit of hassle, but it did get done. I can't contact him to find out what he had to do.

As the description doesn't specifically state 'Lifetime Speed Cameras' I was dubious, but knowing my mate got them activated, I thought it wise to have a LIVE CHAT with support before I purchased this.....who confirmed 'according to our device feature yes Go 620 has lifetime cameras.' On this assurance only I went ahead and purchased.

Well, I've just finished setting the thing up, and in MyDriveConnect under speed cameras it shows 'Speed Cameras World 3 Months
Speed Cameras subscription: valid until 2022-05-08'. Hardly Lifetime is it????

Anyone (or admin) have any idea what I need to do before I just give up and return this to Amazon please? No where on the packaging is there an activation code like the good old days with these things.

Cheers

PS - Serial number is ZE1032Txxxxx

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    Hi @MAJ67

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units settings on the TT servers and adjusted them if necessary. This usually sorts your issue.

Doug
  • MAJ67
    MAJ67 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks DougLap, will do. Hopefully it gets sorted then.