TomTom VIA 225, map update for V10.80 made my device stop working, any suggestion?

Rits
Rits Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Hi Guys,
Till yesterday, my TomTom navigator (VIA225, model: 4EN52Z1230, free lifetime maps) was working fine but when I tried to update the maps with V10.80 using MyDrive Connect, I got error message "something gone wrong". After error message, I check "my content" and saw "Corrupted" in maps and tried to press "Repair" button but no luck. I search other issues related to "No maps found" and tried link (https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-) to clear corrupted files by pressing "Empty download folder" button. This time it tried to install the map but while transferring to device it again failed as below screenshots,
3q84nad7uf3e.jpg
epd583od3xvk.jpg

Now the device is not working.
Could anyone please suggest me, how I can get my old version of maps or new one on my device.
Thank you.

Regards
Rits

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

If the card is corrupted, it should be removed and then reinstalled by following this FAQ: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959859-Re-downloading-a-map
  • Rits
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Willy875,
    Thank you for your advice.
    I don't use card, storage is in internal memory of device.
    I again tried to reset device and re-install map but same error pop up as my previous message "Something gone wrong" which appears when updating device at around 57%.

Thank you.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    On Mydrive connect your map is corrupted, you must first delete it then follow the link above to empty the cache then reinstall it
  • Rits
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,
    Thanks for the advice.
    I tried multiple times, removing corrupted file and installing maps using MyDrive Connect and following reinstall link but also same issue occurs , update the device fails at 57%.
    Is there a way to view internal storage files and format the storage to start fresh install same as cards?

Thank you.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    The 1st cause of an interrupted or failed download can come from your firewall, or your antivirus and Tomtom recommends adding an exception for the MyDrive connect software so that these 2 programs authorize it to access your PC.

Is there a way to view internal storage files and format the storage to start fresh install same as cards?
    No, internal storage files cannot be viewed.

Moderator @VikramK can review your account and see errors.

• Rits
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Willy875 / @VikramK ,
    I had no issues before to update maps and was working perfectly but this time is all different. so I don't think its related to firewall issues as download of map is successful while updating device fails.
    I have uploaded my logs using MyDrive Connect.

Thank you.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

I don't have a solution, have you tried with another cable?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,713
    Hi @Rits,
    I have asked my team clear the pending packages that were stuck in the download queue.
    Do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

When updates are offered, check what is available using 'My Content' tab.

Note: It's important to install one update at a time.

Regards,
    Vikram.