Cannot install safety cams "World Speed 1 Month" update on Rider 40/400

Brobby
Brobby Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
edited February 6 in MyDrive Connect
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1713)
MyDrive Connect 4.2.12.4441
TomTom Rider 40/400

The safety cams "World Speed 1 Month" update is listed in the "My content" section but, when I click the button to update ("Aggiorna Selezionati" in the screenshot), nothing happens.
3jfz3kcae4r7.png

Does anyone have the same problem?

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810

Welcome to the community!
    Could you try deleting the HOME3 folder and try the update again.

Steps-
    - Quit/Exit MyDrive Connect
    - You will find the HOME 3 folder located at - MacOS: Users\Your username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\
    - Start the application and connect the device.
    - Try installing any updates offered

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Brobby
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @VikramK,
    actually the very same day I posted the above message, after one hour I've been able to install the safety cams update, without deleting the folder you suggested or doing any other particular action.

What I noticed is that, while the installation wasn't working, there was an alert in the safety cams tile in the MyDrive Connect app stating that the subscription was ending soon. In fact, the 6th of the month is the day my monthly safety cams subscription automatically renews and charges my credit card.
    When I wrote the original post, the February renew order had not been created, yet, as I could see in the Orders page in my personal TomTom Store area.
    However, when the update worked, I checked right away and the noticed that the February order had been just created.

So, my guess is that the last day (or the last hours of the day) of the month the subscription is set to auto renew, the update fails.
    What do you think about it? Are you aware of such an issue or can you try to reproduce it?
    I won't be able to check if I'm correct till the next 6 March…
  • Brobby
    Apprentice Traveler
    This is what I meant.

wkj2h7o9kjxz.png