how can I export all data from TomTom Spark Cardio Music to another Sportwatch?

sweetman70
sweetman70 Registered Users Posts: 39
Outstanding Explorer
Hello all,
my TomTom Spark Cardio Music abandoned me after years of intense activity. Now the screen displays glitches 90% of the time and the overal experience is compromised.
So I bought a Garmin Forerunner 55.
Now I would like to import all my TomTom historical activity data in the Forerunner.
The Forerunner should import .tcx file, but I cannot find a way to export such data from my Spark.
I exported all data from MySport online account, but I get only .json_2 and .gpx files.
Where are the other file formats: .csv, .fit, .kml, .pwx?
TIA
tony
Tagged:

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    When you download from the website you will get a .gpx file for all GPS enabled activities which can be imported anywhere and a json_2 file for indoor activities, which is a JavaScript file which is not importable anywhere or readable (it is what TT uses to communicate to the server. The other types are only available if you have My Sports Connect set to create a data file every time you upload, in which case you will get a .csv and a .fit file. If you have not been doing that all along there is no way to recreate them unfortunately.
  • sweetman70
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi tfarabaugh,
    thanks for your reply.
    Actually I've set the option to export to .fit, .ctx, .kml... since the first day. But I can't find a single .fit file, for example, on my computer.
    Do you mean that once saved on your computer the files are erased when you sync the sportwatch?
    TIA again.
    Tony
  • HvdW
    HvdW Registered Users Posts: 41
    Renowned Wayfarer
    edited February 6
    You should be able to find your files under:
    C:\Users\<your-account-name>\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\
    On my computer there's csv, gpx, kml, pwx, tcx, ttbin plus links to Strava and MySports, no fit file.
    However if you have set it to export fit those should be there as well.
    Tested and yes, fit is present after setting it up in settings.
  • sweetman70
    Outstanding Explorer
    Hi tfarabaugh,
    I found the folder but strangely enough, there are only few registrations there.
    I connected the watch every week but there are only 3 folders:
    "C:\Users\PC\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2020-03-31"
    "C:\Users\PC\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2020-04-22"
    "C:\Users\PC\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2020-04-24"
    I connected the watch every week, in the last 3 years and the option to export was active since day zero.
    I think this data has gone...
    =(.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Tony
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    sweetman70 wrote: »
    Hi tfarabaugh,
    I found the folder but strangely enough, there are only few registrations there.
    I connected the watch every week but there are only 3 folders:
    "C:\Users\PC\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2020-03-31"
    "C:\Users\PC\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2020-04-22"
    "C:\Users\PC\TomTom Sports\TomTom GPS Watch\2020-04-24"
    I connected the watch every week, in the last 3 years and the option to export was active since day zero.
    I think this data has gone...
    =(.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    Tony

It sounds like at some point the export activities option was disabled. I would try turning it off and back on again and see if it begins exporting again. That is where they should be, but it may be worth searching your computer for *.ttbin files in case they were being saved in another directory for some reason (that is the upload file and any exports would be saved with it). If you cannot find them, I would agree they are lost.