Current Location Menu

derek.skoyles_un36
derek.skoyles_un36 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
I have updated from a Go 510 to a 7” Go Discover. When I touch the current location symbol the menu nolonger shows the option to mark the current location. What am I doing wrong, please.

Derek

Best Answer

• derek.skoyles_un36
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Hi Doug

Thanks. I didn't get the "+" sign until I pressed just off the Current Location symbol. I've got the hang of it now - just like setting a way point (Add Stop) then using the menu.

Really appreciate your help, thank you.

Best wishes,

Derek

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @derek.skoyles_un36

The Mark current location is not available. If you press on the screen longer at the position you get a different menu than that you get when you Tap the position and can add the position to your My Places.

Doug
  • derek.skoyles_un36
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks, Doug.

I’ve tried the “long press” on the current location symbol but nothing happens. I’ve also checked My Places and nothing appears to have been added to the list either. Perhaps this useful option (for me) is not included in the current software?

Derek
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @derek.skoyles_un36

Sorry forgot to mention that when you Press the Screen longer you then Tap the 3 dots left of Drive. This then gives you a 3 item menu with one being the option to add to MyPlaces.

Doug
  • derek.skoyles_un36
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Hi Doug

Thanks. I didn't get the "+" sign until I pressed just off the Current Location symbol. I've got the hang of it now - just like setting a way point (Add Stop) then using the menu.

Really appreciate your help, thank you.

Best wishes,

Derek
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited February 6
    Hi @derek.skoyles_un36

Your welcome. Sorry I forgot to include the need to Tap the 3 dots.

Doug