I am wanting to update maps as when purchased I had free lifetime maps - its now asking for payment?

AlanWern
AlanWern Registered Users Posts: 4
Novice Seeker
I am wanting to update maps as when purchased I had free lifetime maps - its now asking for payment - was this a con?
Sat Nav GO LIVE 1005 V2.0 - Lifetime Maps
I have serial Number and activation code!

Anyone any ideas?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,814
    Answer ✓
    Hi @AlanWern
    The device already has lifetime maps for Europe active for your TomTom GO LIVE 1005.
    I reviewed the download logs in the backend, the latest map version 10.82 is installed. The next map update is due to release in the second half of this month(February 2022).

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    If you have lifetime updates you need to continue what is your serial number
    come back later, moderator @VikramK will review your account.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited February 4
    Hi
    @AlanWern
    Welcome to the site....

5deciqktddvr.jpg
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the device serial number ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model...
    Note... The 'SB' GO LIVE 1005 model is declared as End of Life....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account Map status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AlanWern
    Novice Seeker
    edited February 7
    Thnaks so much for getting back to me Serial No is STxxxxxxxxx65

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager

ST > GO LIVE 1005 / Camper & Caravan, 8 GB + micro-SDHC,

8 GB of internal memory you have the cards for life.

Revenez plus tard, le modérateur @VikramK examinera votre compte.

Or contact Tomtom customer service.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    Hi
    @AlanWern
    I think it maybe a little late now for @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators to pick this up ???
    Best pop back here on Monday when the Forum Moderators return & check/correct your Tomtom Account Map status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AlanWern
    Novice Seeker
    Thnaks so much much apprecriated. You too Stay Safe
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,814
    Answer ✓
    Hi @AlanWern
    The device already has lifetime maps for Europe active for your TomTom GO LIVE 1005.
    I reviewed the download logs in the backend, the latest map version 10.82 is installed. The next map update is due to release in the second half of this month(February 2022).

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • AlanWern
    Novice Seeker
    Vikram,

Many thanks I eventually managed to download the maps and update the device. Thanks so much for getting back to me much appreciated. I also have a TOMTOM GO 5200 for my car the other is for my wife - much prefer this to the built in one in my L200 - is it worth having one on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra as well? Take care and stay safe - Alan