Go Discover Mount Hard to Remove from windshield

boljak
boljak USARegistered Users Posts: 43
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited February 4 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Anybody have an idea on how to remove the mount from the windshield easily. The suction cup is so strong I have to use strong force to unpeel it out of the windshield.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @boljak
    The suction cup is especially designed to stick firmly to the windscreen, so it's not recommend to remove it very often.
    Instead, just remove the GO Discover from the mount when the device is not in use. See @DougLap's suggestion on this topic- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1773052/#Comment_1773052

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    Hi
    @boljak
    To remove the mount, turn the outer ring anticlockwise and lift one of the little ears on the suction cup to release the vacuum....

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • boljak
    boljak USARegistered Users Posts: 43
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thanks for the input guys. after turning the knob counter clockwise, it still take great effort to peel it out while holding the 2 ears. vikram's suggestion won't work for me as I drive a different vehicle everyday. and even if i use it on my own vehicle, leaving the mount on the w/shield will just entice burglars to break into my car because they have an assumption the gps unit is somewhere in the car. i guess I will just have to get used to it.