How to download maps

Steve62953
Steve62953 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Subaru is having trouble with their map update portal. They suggested I go here (directly to TomTom) and download the updated maps. They said that from this site I could download the maps to a Flash Drive, then update my navigation system on my Subaru Outback. I paid the subscription amount, but still do not know how to download the map.
Can anyone help me please!!

Answers

• gs2offroad
    gs2offroad Registered Users Posts: 29
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @Steve62953
    I just updated my Outback maps using the installer downloaded from the update portal at subaru-maps.com
    What troubles are you having with it?

• Steve62953
    New Seeker
    Boy...I wish I could tell you! I have been in contact with Subaru and this is the response that I got:

Map Update Changes for Your Subaru

"On December 1st, 2021, your free map update subscription expired. Due to some technical issues, we were not able to enable the new subscription portal for you to buy a map update subscription. We were also not able to publish the new map update for your vehicle. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and are working to resolve these issues now. We will let you know once everything is ready. "

When I called Technical Support, they said to go to TomTom directly to download the new map (even though it would cost me.) I did that but still don't know how to download to a Flash Drive from their website.

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    edited February 3
    In my opinion Tomtom provides the cards to Subaru for Subaru to resell to its customer.

Tomtom does not distribute them as updates

Contact Tomtom customer service to find out what they think.
  • Steve62953
    New Seeker
    I sure have tried contacting TomTom...what a circle jerk! They have no direct Customer Service contact, just a stupid "robot" to ask questions and manuals devoted to their GPS devices.

I want to get a refund for something I can't even use, but have no success getting in contact with them.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    To try

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560