Apprentice Seeker
Dockocil Dr. Arlington, TX
Is spelled
Doskocil

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    edited February 25 Answer ✓
    What could you possibly mean by, it's already fixed? If the GPS is wrong, how is it, already fixed?

There are several map layers that need to be compiled, the map design has to go through a complex process. We need to optimize it for our sat nav’s as well as split it up in more than 600 different map products that we offer to our end consumers.
    Changes made to the core data can take up to 3-6 months, sometime more, to reflect in the quarterly map updates.

I will try and check with the team to see if the name correction was picked up recently. If that is the case, it could take some more time to show the correct spelling.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,779
     Superuser
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Is spelled
    Doskocil

Hi there :)

It seems you are giving feedback that Dockocil Dr. Arlington, TX is wrong and it should be "Dockocil, Arlington, TX"?

I have cross referenced with google and noticed it shows as Dockocil Dr as well with Bing and TomTom.

Do you happen to have documentation on a new road change?

If you would like, you can report the issue by going to the above website shown by Lochfrass and clicking the road after sigining in, then press road then type correct name :)

Thanks,
  • Megalos
    Megalos Posts: 6,089
     Superuser
    He means the first word. So not Dockocil, but Doskocil (replace the 'c' by an 's'). You can indeed use the online Map Share Reporter tool to submit the correction. I also made a report already on this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Megalos wrote: »
    He means the first word. So not Dockocil, but Doskocil (replace the 'c' by an 's'). You can indeed use the online Map Share Reporter tool to submit the correction. I also made a report already on this.

Thanks, I have reported the issue and lets see if it gets fixed, please note it takes time for them to research and examine every anonymously reported bug and check with the city if nescesary.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Is spelled
    Doskocil

Hi,

It seems there is two roads on the map one is Dockocil Dr. Arlington, Tx and one is Doskocil Dr. Are these two misuped or what, the team has to know which is which plase as its a bit confusy
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi there :)

As promised, I am here to bring an update of feedback from the TomTom Team of my map feedback about your issue, they say the info on map is up to date according to official sources.

Kindly provide coordinates and docuemantion of proof of name error and I will forward it to them
  • tomtom_un22_02
    tomtom_un22_02 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    rn1ubmgclbr1.png
    9kq4q20h950q.jpg
    gvs15onljc1b.jpg
    I updated the map last night. It's still wrong.
    DoSkocil is the correct spelling.
    Not
    DoCkoci

Documentation?
    Does a screenshot from the my drive app work? That's a TomTom source, isn't it?

Google maps, perhaps?
    Bing?
    Are those sources official enough for you?

hes5v00c0h4g.png

dcv0e9qz466d.png
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    @tomtom_un22_02

Welcome back, it seems that all the TomTom maps online all show the correct spelling of right now, do note that some gps units get updates at different paces. As some get quaterly updates and some get weekly.

Its likely your device hasn't been updated with the new maps yet, :)

have a wonderful day!

Shawn
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @Shawnloveshorses_161

I have the Go Camper with the latest America Map version 1085.11321 loaded the other day. This shows and searches the road as Dockocil Drive, Arlington, Tx, 76017. and the only Doskocil Drive it finds in Search is in Houston TX 77044

If you use the TT Mapcode App and input US-TX 79J.FJ then it gives the address as 4420-4498 Doskocil Drive, Arlington, TX 76017. This is the same road as being shown as in Dockocil Drive on my GO Camper.

If you go to the above Mapcode US-TX 79J.FJ in Google Earth on the corner there is a Road Name sign and it says Doskocil Drive also the business DFW Collision Centre which is on the road gives its address as Doskocil Drive, Arlington on its website.

Doug
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Thanks for your reply,

As it is showing properly on MyDrive and Map share it would be best for the update to reach your device, Reporting in map share will not help much as it is already fixed :)

CC: @lampard and @VikramK could you look into this?

have a good day!

Shawn
  • tomtom_un22_02
    tomtom_un22_02 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    What could you possibly mean by, it's already fixed? If the GPS is wrong how is it, already fixed?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    edited February 25 Answer ✓
    What could you possibly mean by, it's already fixed? If the GPS is wrong, how is it, already fixed?

There are several map layers that need to be compiled, the map design has to go through a complex process. We need to optimize it for our sat nav’s as well as split it up in more than 600 different map products that we offer to our end consumers.
    Changes made to the core data can take up to 3-6 months, sometime more, to reflect in the quarterly map updates.

I will try and check with the team to see if the name correction was picked up recently. If that is the case, it could take some more time to show the correct spelling.

Thanks,
    Vikram.