Confused -re renewal of services - TomTom GO DISCOVER

uklee1
uklee1 Registered Users Posts: 13
Apprentice Traveler
edited February 22 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi

I have a Go Discover the live traffic etc is due to end in a few days. I've renewed the live services at 23.99 for the year live traffic and speed camera renewed.

Where and how do I renew premium services. tomtom.com/services nothing listed

lee

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    @uk1ee

You must have bought the Go Discover immediately it was announced, as the Press Release was dated 29 Jan 2021! B)

As far as I am aware, the Discover comes with Lifetime Traffic and Map updates and:

1-year Live Speed Cameras
    1-year Live fuel pricing info
    1-year Live off-street parking info

Although I have yet to see the Live off-street parking capacity information on my Go Discover............! :s

I think you may have purchased the wrong package, and will have to run the gauntlet of Contacting Customer Services for a refund. :'(

But like you, I cannot see where the Speed Cameras / Live Fuel Pricing / Live off-Street parking services are to be purchased.
    I have linked this thread to the attention of a moderator who hopefully will be able to point out where they can be purchased - mine runs out end April so I have a few more months to go. =)

@VikramK Can you help please on the above ?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,725
    edited February 22
    The webshop page for Service Renewal [GO Discover] is almost in its final stage of being released. I will post back once it goes LIVE.

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • uklee1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the update.

Have I purchased the incorrect services? I visited tomtom.com/service then chose live service and paid 23.99 for a year of live services.

I presume the premium part will come with the web page once its public.

lee

• uklee1
    Apprentice Traveler
    is there a telephone number for tt customer services?

lee
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Since covid 19 there is no longer a telephone line

to contact customer service

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • VikramK
    edited February 23
  • simplysup2
    simplysup2 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I tried to renew my Premium Services using the go-discover-premium-services site but every attempt has failed with the message:

"We have created your order (order number - different every time) but your payment has failed."

This happens for PayPal - failure happens before the Paypal login screen is filled - and for a direct credit card payment, when it fails as soon as you hit the Activate Now button.

Nigel
  • simplysup2
    Prominent Wayfarer
    edited February 25
    More to add...

The above errors were happening using Firefox. Tried again using Edge and the (Paypal) payment went through. Now Speed Cameras are once more "activated" on my unit, but Premium Services still state they are about to expire.

What do we have to do to get this working properly???

Edit to add: Order 41xxxxxxxx25 refers.

Nigel

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • VikramK
    @simplysup2
    Hi Nigel
    The order is showing active for your GO Discover till next year (24th February 2023).
    The expiration message you see is probably for the previous subscription.

The best way to check if the services are working would be to test the device when driving on a planned route.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • simplysup2
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi Vikram, thanks for the reply. Until I purchased the Renewal both the Speed Cameras and the Premium Services were saying they were due to expire. Once I'd purchased the renewal and switched the unit off and on again Speed Cameras now just say "activated" but Premium Services still say they are going to expire today. I shall post again tomorrow when I see what the status of Premium Services is then, and after going for a drive.

Nigel
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @simplysup2

I would be interested to hear if "all" the Premium Services are working correctly on your Go Discover.

Especially as my Go Discover has not been showing any Car Parking Capacity information despite being in constant contact with the Tomtom Customer Care Team since the middle of last year....... :(

I also noticed on the Subscription webpage; the Premium Services now includes a "Weather Index".
    That must be something new as I do not have anything like that on my device, can you let us know what information is provided please?
  • simplysup2
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi again Vikram,

Premium Services on my unit now state "Expired". :( Traffic and Speed Camera Updates continue to state "Activated".

Please advise.

Nigel
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,714
    Superuser
    @Lost_Soul
    Plan a route. Then switch to the Routview and tap on the destination flag.
    poiawmbqrnkq.jpg
    When you reach your destination it should also be shown.
    Sorry for the German screenshot.
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Lochfrass

Thank you for the explanation ..................... :) as there is no mention of how to get that information in the Go Discover Manual ;)

Just need to get the Car Parking Capacity information working B)

- Nothing on the Go Discover despite it being part of the Premium Services package, but I can see Car Parking Capacity information in the Android version of the TT Go App (but not on the iPhone version !) :s
  • simplysup2
    Prominent Wayfarer
    @VikramK

Just to add: with the Premium Services now saying "Expired", I can confirm that no Premium Services are shown when on a planned drive. And yes, I have drum-roll restarted the unit.

Nigel
  • simplysup2
    Prominent Wayfarer
    simplysup2 wrote: »
    @VikramK

Just to add: with the Premium Services now saying "Expired", I can confirm that no Premium Services are shown when on a planned drive. And yes, I have drum-roll restarted the unit.

Nigel

Another planned drive today, and - Premium Services started up. I had fuel prices, and the weather index (can't comment on the parking spaces thing, never knew how to find that information). On the About screen on my unit, the Premium Services entry still says Expired.

Nigel

P.S. It would be useful if one could edit one's posts, so I don't have to keep adding new posts when I have new info.
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @simplysup2

I meant to reply earlier regarding how I get to the Car Parking 'spaces information'.

(My Go Discover still does "not give me" this information and my 1 year Free Trial subscription is ending soon !!!)

Plot a route bearing in mind the Car Park info is restricted to a ~4 mile radius.

Select the Three dots on the bottom right and select the "P" icon as an additional stop - You can select from the top bar "Near Destination" etc

This should show you the Car parks located in the area like this screenshot from my Go Discover :

xkvaigb5lqpv.jpg

If the Car Parking Capacity information was working correctly there should be a Green Dot on each of the Car Parks and if you selected the three horizontal lines at the bottom right of the screen it should give you a list and more detailed information on each car park.

I know the car parking information is being broadcast by some Car parks and TomTom does report it on the Go App (Android version) as you can see from the following 2 screenshots I took a few days ago:

olx5tefxksm2.png

5v5fkb6cfkal.png

Does your Go Discover now work correctly and show the Car Parking Capacity information?
  • simplysup2
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    @simplysup2
    Does your Go Discover now work correctly and show the Car Parking Capacity information?

No.
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @simplysup2

I wonder if "any" TomTom user is getting Car Parking Capacity information on their Go Discover? :/