Open Google Maps url in TomTom

FlorisMK
FlorisMK Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Traveler
On my Android 10 Galaxy A52, when I tap the location for an appointment in Google Calendar, it offers to open in Edge or Maps, not TomTom. I also have a third-party calendar app (Business Calendar 2), and when I tap a location there, if offers Maps or TomTom. I prefer Google Calendar, but want to navigate to appointments with TomTom. Is it possible to get Android to recognize TomTom as possible app for handling Google Calendar locations?

Comments

• szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    edited January 30
    Hi @FlorisMK , welcome to the forum!
    I will check with the team.

I have reported GONAV-4804.

Please also check what happens if you disable Google Maps app in Android apps settings. From my own experience I can tell that some of the apps hard-code Google Maps intents.
  • FlorisMK
    Apprentice Traveler
    Interesting: if I disable Maps, TomTom is added to the possible apps when I tap a location in Google Calendar. So Android is aware that TomTom is an option. But when I re-enable Maps, TomTom is again removed from the options. Looks like Android is forcing (hard-coded) Maps to be the only option.
  • FlorisMK
    Apprentice Traveler
    PS: What does it mean that you've reported GONAV-4804? Is that a bug report or a feature request?
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    FlorisMK wrote: »
    PS: What does it mean that you've reported GONAV-4804? Is that a bug report or a feature request?
    It's our internal ticket for tracking.

I have checked with devs. There is nothing that can be done, most probably Google Calendar app has hard coded link to Google Maps. I have also checked with other navigation apps (Sygic, Yandex, Yanosik), and none of these apps were listed when clicking address from calendar appointment.
  • FlorisMK
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for checking! Their loss (Google's): I'm not using their Calendar if they force Maps on me. Yay for TomTom!