Info about TomTom Traffic; Error in login on Tomtom2 device .

FlorianaDeSanctis
FlorianaDeSanctis Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited January 30 in Built in car navigation
Goodmorning community,
firstly, I'd like to know if I can buy just the subscription to Tomtom Taffic and use it on my Tomtom 2 (TG). Secondly, when on my device (which is neither a phone nor a pc, but just the tomtom device) I select "Account MyTomTom" and put my email and password (same I use to login in TomTom website) it tells me that the account doesn't exist and thus have to create one for MyTomTom. I don't honestly know what it means... I can't find any MyTomTom registration area... What is ment for User Name? my email?
Thank you in advanced for you support.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,390
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Before subscribing to a new subscription and if you have been without a subscription for more than 18 months, check that your Sim card is still activated.

On your GPS you must connect with the same identifiers as your Mydrive connect account.
  • FlorianaDeSanctis
    FlorianaDeSanctis Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    @Willy875

How can I check my Sim?

I put the same identifiers but it doesn't find the account.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,759
    hi @FlorianaDeSanctis
    Welcome to the community!
    The SIM card on the Carminat TomTom gets deactivated or disabled when there is no active subscription(LIVE Services) for 3 years.

I reviewed your account and I see the previous subscription ended 2023. More info on our support article

Secondly, when on my device (which is neither a phone nor a pc, but just the tomtom device) I select "Account MyTomTom" and put my email and password (same I use to login in TomTom website) it tells me that the account doesn't exist and thus have to create one for MyTomTom.

That's probably because the device is not connecting to TomTom Services to authenticate the login credentials (SIM card disabled)
    What is ment for User Name? my email?

Where exactly do you wish to enter this? (On the device or the forum.)

Thanks,
    Vikram